Is there any way to loosen a tight coaxial cable connector nut?

Straypuft

Limp Gawd
I have a coaxial cable that supplies my internet which comes into my apartment as one long piece, I cannot disconnect it from anywhere as it leaves my apartment through the wall. Problem is the nut does not spin freely easily without the use of a wrench.

A recent (planned)power outage somehow messed up my customer owned modem so I am using a cable company provided modem as a backup.

So the problem is I need to find my usually misplaced 7/16 wrench to turn the nut to loosen or tighten the cable to the modem.

Can this be remedied without the need to have to have the whole connector replaced by a cable company technician?

Could it be as simple as lubing the nut with WD-40?

Keep in mind I know the dangers of over-tightening a coaxial cable to a device as it killed a nice tv some 10 years ago, So this is not the case.

I do not own any stripper or crimping tools that I have seen cable techs use when installing in the past.

>>So the problem is I need to find my usually misplaced 7/16 wrench

Maybe you need to find your usually misplaced 7/16 wrench.

only lube the nut with dielectric grease, available at any auto place.

Also, you can buy ends that literally self thread into the PVC coating of the cable, they require no crimping and are pretty decent if the size matches up well. I often see them packaged as RCA bran in the dollar or hardware store. You can put them on the cable with nothing but pliers.

Back