Is there any software to perform certain actions on downloads based on extension?

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
For some file types, I always want to do the same thing. So for example, for torrents or nzbs, they always go into a watch folder for auto import. Saved pictures always go into pictures for sorting. Rar and 7zip always get extracted. Seems like there should be some software that can set these things to be done automatically based on extension. Is there anything out there like this?

for extracting stuff the best thing you'll find is ExtractNow - http://www.extractnow.com/

It can be set to monitor folders etc. so I'd set your utorrent to move downloads to a folder on complete, then have extract now monitor that 'on complete' folder

all I've got sorry~

There are some addons for Firefox that can put files into folders based on extensions, sure. I don't use them so I can't name them off the top of my head but they do exist, at least for that browser.

At least for downloads, IDM lets you assign all of your downloads to be organized into individual folders based on file extensions.

Back