Is there any ITX cases similar to the Steam Box?

I would like to see more cases using 1u PSU, particularly the SS-500L1U that EVGA Hadron equips. That'll save lots of space.

I wasn't very clear but I was trying to show that they both appear to use the same riser, thanks for confirming :)

The Valve box gets away without the extender by using a custom retention bracket on the video card. Their bracket doesn't have the tabs on the bottom and there is a threaded hole at the top to screw to the case.

It works but it would make changing video cards difficult.

Great work on the Tiki, I bet she loves it.

879_542953045782234_588446951_n.jpg

Thanks! She hasn't seen it yet. I got it packed up in the original Falcon box wrapped under the tree. She will see it on Wednesday. ;)

I'm going to finish an m3a2 case from scrap parts I've rounded up. Swapping out my 7750 low profile card with a gtx 660ti sc I picked up on the cheap. Now the question of color: do I keep it brushed natural aluminum or powder coat it textured black? I'll do a worklog when the time comes.

I'm going to finish an m3a2 case from scrap parts I've rounded up. Swapping out my 7750 low profile card with a gtx 660ti sc I picked up on the cheap. Now the question of color: do I keep it brushed natural aluminum or powder coat it textured black? I'll do a worklog when the time comes.

Cool! Looking forward to it.

I say brushed aluminum, plenty of black cases out there.

Cool! Looking forward to it.

I say brushed aluminum, plenty of black cases out there.
My thoughts exactly. That's probably what I'll do, if only because I don't have time to reassemble my powder coat booth and oven.

Here's my take on the Steambox (well before the release of the Steambox prototypes mind you)::

Back