Is there any future in AMD, cpu, video cards, stocks?

I'm mostly a laptop user and intel pretty much owns the high end market. I'm interested in this stock as it's very low now. Is there any future in the cpu, video card, mobile? Or is this a dead company?

I feel like this conversation has been had countless times on this board and many others. Recently too.

Search is good.

To me everything depends on Zen. AMD needs to sell their processors at a profit instead of selling the bulk of their chips at around or even below cost and writing off the loss.

I feel like this conversation has been had countless times on this board and many others. Recently too.

Search is good.

THIS. See the same in the video card subforums, sometimes I wonder if these posts are troll/flamewar bait....

Adaptive sync, incredible contributions to DX12, HBM, first party memory modules, not to mention all the other stuff they developed with a FRACTION of Intel's budget.

I have a lot more nice stuff to say about AMD, but from an investment standpoint, I think that the time is right!

There are some things AMD struggles with , to take a financial position in AMD at this moment could be good but depending on the performance of their up coming products 2016 has some of the things to look forward to (Zen,Polaris). And what will be interesting is how those will perform, Zen needs to be a step in the right direction only the successors to Zen will show how much AMD will rebound if at all.

The deal for consoles made it that AMD is far from dead, that does not mean that it is the key to AMD future rather then a lifeline.

With Zen and PI on the horizon, it's a risk. Do you have a certain amount of money that you would be fine seeing completely disappear forever if AMD falters any further? Is so, then go for it. On the upside, that investment may turn a healthy profit if Zen and PI grabs a larger market share. Invest with the mindset that you can afford to lose it.

Thanks I've got some high risk tolerance so I don't mind investing on it. I just don't keep up with hardware very much these days.

Back