Is there any 'easy' migration tools for migrating a word press site?

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to setup dev and production wordpress sites.

I need a toold that once I QA the dev site, it copies all the database info, updates urls, and files from the dev site to the production.
I don't want to have to mess with phpmyadmin or mainly copying files via ftp/ssh.

Both of these sites would be hosting on the same shared server.

Any suggestions?

I've searched google and basically some tools will do half the job

Last edited:
use the Wordpress export tool to export an XML file. then use the import tool to import that XML into your production. i think there are options to also export file uploads. but you can just copy over the wp-content/uploads folder to production.

Well, the export XML is fine for post / page content, but anything that references a URL (which a lot of themes and plugins do) would break if I didn't manually modify those. Problem is, I don't have time to check every plugin/theme option just to make sure the url is correct.

Hence the reason I wanted a tool to do that for me. If someone would develop an all in one word press migration tool, they'd be a rich person.

get the search & replace plugin then you can search for 'yourdomain.com/blog/' and replace it with 'yourdomain2.com/blog/' in the database

Back