Is there an easy way to stream your computer audio?

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I didn't really see a section this fit into...so if it needs to be moved...please do so.

Is there a way to stream computer audio to the internet using just a local computer and something like Windows Media Player or some type of free option like that that will allow multiple people to connect and listen to the stream at once?

I have a friend that streams his radio station using a local computer they have at the radio station and he thinks it is just using Windows Media Player with an input from a radio into the sound card and people just connect to that pc to hear the live stream. He said they have had up to 100 people at a single time connected. Problem is, someone else set this up for him and he really doesn't know how it is done.

I want to setup something like this, just need to know where to start. I have tons of up bandwidth, I'm on fiber, so that is not an issue. I would rather do something simple like this than try and setup something like Icecast.

Any input would be appreciated...thanks!

OK, I got this figured out and for anyone else trying to accomplish this I will tell what I used. I used Icecast and B.U.T.T. Install Icecast and then run the console (which comes up like a DOS command prompt). You can edit the config file, which the main thing you need to change to begin with is the default password. Then launch B.U.T.T. and select you audio source and basically that's it.

Wouldn't NVidia ShadowPlay also achieve the same result ?
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/shadowplay-twitch-streaming

I haven't used it for live streaming, but do use it regularly for recording my gaming and you can enable recording of your desktop itself, meaning anything you run can be recorded and/or streamed.

...might be irrelevant to what you're doing, but perhaps it's another option to consider...?

Back