Is there a way to tell RAM sizes without any labels?

u8myrice

2[H]4U
My friend gave me 3 sticks of SDRAM. I can't tell which one is of what size. I don't have a rig to test it in. Is there a way to find out the sizes without actually testing it with a computer? Thanks.

Well, the chip markings and the number of chips per stick often help us tell the size of the stick.

I took pictures of 'em. Here they are. If you need me to clarify anything, just ask. Thanks!

blurry pictures don't help at all.. does your camera not have a macro mode? :p

for the lower two, looks like each one is a 2mb chip, making two 32mb sticks.. though checking up in micron's part database, i couldn't find anything that matched the part number. can you just write down what's written on each chip (they should all be the same) and it looks like 10ns, 100mhz ram
the top one, i'm not really familiar with seimen's markings, so i honestly have no idea

On the chips of the last 2.

9808 C USA
MT 48LC2M8A1
TG -10 S

9752 B USA
MT 48LC2M8A1
TG -10 S

I'll try and take macro of the RAMs. Still hasn't figured out how to use it yet. =[

Yes, looks like PC100 32Mb sticks. I found a similar one in my old batch of PC66-PC100 sticks and it's a 32 Mb stick indeed.

Thanks for the replies guys. Here are the closeups just to make sure...because I'm about to toss these out.

Does 064M means it's 64MB?

something makes me doubt that it's 64mb, but it could be

also, never toss ram. worst case, keychain it ;)

sweet macro pics btw

Back