is there a way to optimise pc graphics to be like ps4?

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
i've been into the internet for a while. i have noticed many things that other pc gamers complain about, that are all related to pc games. one of these are LOD and draw distance, which i face in my rig. some objects in all the games i have appear at a specific distance and when you go further from it it disappears. this is my rig:-
I5-4440 3.1GHZ
24GB RAM 1600MHZ
GIGABYTE B85-HD3 REV 2.0
SEASONIC 520W 80+ BRONZE
MSI R9 390X GAMING 8GB
WD HDD 1TB GREEN POWER

i have the same problem and i still can't figure out the solution for it. it makes the game look very ugly. i am sure you can also name at least two more problems that can be found in pc gaming that isn't in ps4, being highly optimised for gaming. and unlike the pc gaming, which will always need optimisation. pls help, all you can give :)

If you want to increase draw distance or want to make things look better at a distance, turn up Anistropic Filtering to 16x.

Are you saying that the PS4 is better optimized for gaming than a PC? If so, get better hardware.

Ditch that hard drive for an SSD and get a 2080ti and hope that power supply can push it.

Which game are you talking about?
i'm talking about all games that i have, but i noticed it clearly in ac odyssey. but all the games has this blurry or foggy lod at distance that keeps surprising me with new elements showing up

Last edited:
If you want to increase draw distance or want to make things look better at a distance, turn up Anistropic Filtering to 16x.

Are you saying that the PS4 is better optimized for gaming than a PC? If so, get better hardware.
though i got this rig, which is already better than a ps4 a bit, windows is still different and game optimisation in ps4 is better, which makes it run games to look better. even with a better pc, there are some tweaks to do to make games run without ugliness problems

though i got this rig, which is already better than a ps4 a bit, windows is still different and game optimisation in ps4 is better, which makes it run games to look better. even with a better pc, there are some tweaks to do to make games run without ugliness problems

Well, like I said, get better hardware. Games certainly don't look or run better on PS4. PS4 titles can barley hold 60fps and despite what they tell you can barley achieve 1080p resolution. Oh, and 4K, its not actual a 4K resolution on the PS4, its upscaled.

i'm talking about all games that i have, but i noticed it clearly in ac odyssey. but all the games has this blurry or foggy lod at distance that keeps surprising me with new elements showing up

Its because you're probably playing on low settings & your hardware isn't quite good enough to play the game optimally to begin with, AC Odyssey is a very graphically intensive game at HD resolutions.

Well, like I said, get better hardware. Games certainly don't look or run better on PS4. PS4 titles can barley hold 60fps and despite what they tell you can barley achieve 1080p resolution. Oh, and 4K, its not actual a 4K resolution on the PS4, its upscaled.
i never had ps4 to say something.. although, 4k upscaled isn't that bad

Its because you're probably playing on low settings & your hardware isn't quite good enough to play the game optimally to begin with, AC Odyssey is a very graphically intensive game at HD resolutions.
first time i launched it, it auto sets the game based on the pc capabilities. it was auto set to very high, i run it on 1080p or even 2k, which is the standard to this graphics card and it runs pretty. sometimes i use higher pixel density 130% or less. it doesn't run at less than 30fps

first time i launched it, it auto sets the game based on the pc capabilities. it was auto set to very high, i run it on 1080p or even 2k, which is the standard to this graphics card and it runs pretty. sometimes i use higher pixel density 130% or less.

Your system barley meets the recommended requirements, could be the reason you're having image / procession problems,
Recommended requirements

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz, Ryzen 5 - 1400 (SSE 4.1 Support or higher required) (more details below)
Video: AMD Radeon R9 290X (4GB VRAM or more with Shader Model 5.0) or better or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) (more details below)
Memory: 8GB RAM
Resolution: 1080p
Targeted framerate: 30 FPS ( you want 60 atleast )
Video Preset: High
Storage: 46GB available hard drive space
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Mainly its your CPU and Video card.

Try to shoot for a

Intel i7 CPU 6700K or above or a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

on the GPU try to get atleast a Geforce 2060 / super or an AMD 5700 / xt

If you want 2K or 4K resolutions, you need to go higher 6700K or higher will do, but you need atleast a 5700xt or a RTx 2070 / 2080

My guess, it'll cost you around $1000 dollars for all new parts 600-800 for used, depending on how high you want to fly.

Last edited:
Your system barley meets the recommended requirements, could be the reason you're having image / procession problems,
Recommended requirements

Processor: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz, Ryzen 5 - 1400 (SSE 4.1 Support or higher required) (more details below)
Video: AMD Radeon R9 290X (4GB VRAM or more with Shader Model 5.0) or better or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) (more details below)

Try to shoot for a

so it is not a fault in the settings? cuz i've been googling the draw distance problem and i found a post speaking about changing some keys and registry in a location ending with 0000/UMD, which has most radeon settings, more customized and adjustable. i tinkered but i don't think i was able to solve it. i do not know if the CPU is the whole issue. maybe something else..?

It's a matter of changing a bunch of settings.

You can increase draw distance, but it will be at the expense of something else -- frame rate, resolution, texture size, model complexity - something. You have to find the right combination that works for your preferences and your hardware. That's half the fun of owning a PC.

With a console, you have set hardware, so someone has went in and hand tweaked all of that for you.

I'm sure there's some combination of settings that come close to matching a console, but you are going to have to turn some things down, or upgrade hardware, before you can turn other things up if you want to maintain good frame rates.

Apart from that, notice your running on a WD Green, which is one step away from glacial in terms of speed. It's possible what you're seeing is texture pop, where your drive just isn't fast enough to keep up. SSD is a great thing - it may not help your FPS any, but you will notice the difference.

You can increase draw distance, but it will be at the expense of something else -- frame rate, resolution, texture size, model complexity - something. You have to find the right combination that works for your preferences and your hardware. That's half the fun of owning a PC.

With a console, you have set hardware, so someone has went in and hand tweaked all of that for you.

I'm sure there's some combination of settings that come close to matching a console, but you are going to have to turn some things down, or upgrade hardware, before you can turn other things up if you want to maintain good frame rates.
of course. but would it be the reason that draw distance is quite obvious in games, even if you keep standing in wide area this it will only show you a specific range. there must be a reason for that.

Last edited:
Have you tried changing drivers? Have you checked the image quality settings for the AMD drivers?
Recommended requirements

Try to shoot for a

If you want 2K or 4K resolutions, you need to go higher 6700K or higher will do, but you need atleast a 5700xt or a RTx 2070 / 2080

My guess, it'll cost you around $1000 dollars for all new parts 600-800 for used, depending on how high you want to fly.

His hardware is dated sure but that doesnt have anything to do with the image quality settings. The hardware just increases the horsepower to turn more FPS with higher detail settings.

OP I think you should post some screenshots so we can see what you're talking about.

Apart from that, notice your running on a WD Green, which is one step away from glacial in terms of speed. It's possible what you're seeing is texture pop, where your drive just isn't fast enough to keep up. SSD is a great thing - it may not help your FPS any, but you will notice the difference.
is there a way to improve hdd loading speed until i buy an ssd? can superfetch, readyboost or any other means work?

of course. but would it be the reason that draw distance is quite obvious in games, even if you keep standing in wide area this it will only show you a specific range. there must be a reason for that.

Hard to say without seeing it.

Most games do have settings for draw distance. That being said, that is per-game, and it would be unusual to see an issue across the board. Settings that can affect it are often called Level of Detail (LOD), Draw Distance, and/or View Distance. There won't be a global setting that affects it in a driver that I'm aware of.

Same goes for texture pop, that's usually per game engine. Some engines are really susceptible to it, others don't have any issues with it, but when it occurs it can look pretty similar.

Here's an example of texture pop:

There's no good way of speeding up a drive really. Windows already does a lot of pre-caching and is pretty good about defragging on it's own nowadays.

Probably because your storage is so slow that it can't stream in elements fast enough. That WD green hard drive is no good as a primary.

Reactions: blkt
like this
Hard to say without seeing it.

Most games do have settings for draw distance. That being said, that is per-game, and it would be unusual to see an issue across the board. Settings that can affect it are often called Level of Detail (LOD), Draw Distance, and/or View Distance. There won't be a global setting that affects it in a driver that I'm aware of.

Same goes for texture pop, that's usually per game engine. Some engines are really susceptible to it, others don't have any issues with it, but when it occurs it can look pretty similar.

Here's an example of texture pop:

There's no good way of speeding up a drive really. Windows already does a lot of pre-caching and is pretty good about defragging on it's own nowadays.

first, i had a stable drive installed using amd clean uninstall utility. i had an optional driver before it. also i get pop ins usually while gaming. i will upload images as soon as i can.

Probably because your storage is so slow that it can't stream in elements fast enough. That WD green hard drive is no good as a primary.
would games be faster if played from a usb 3.0 external drive rather that the WD green power?

would games be faster if played from a usb 3.0 external drive rather that the WD green power?
probably not, most USB external drives are slow and optimized for backups. you should really be looking at a SSD for modern games. you can get a 1TB ssd for less than $100 now so it's not a huge expense.

yea. i am planning to buy an SSD soon. I only asked cuz i had external drive. i thought it might be a good idea.

I bet this is your problem. Your hard drive is so slow it can't load the data fast enough to keep up. Like Zinn said WD Green drives are the Toyota Prius of Hard Drives. They're not meant to perform at all, just store data at low power consumption.

I'm currently defraging my games using Razer Cortex app. thought it might do something. it will take a while though. i had also optimised my system using this tool. i wasn't using it atb. if it had any change i will show it and i will add images of the games.

well, i can't deny, this app really optimise hdd response to rendering. i can easily see a difference, though i know little about rendering and graphics. it just did it. very satisfying

Last edited:
turn settings to low and up draw distance. should look like a ps4.

lol best analogy for them ive ever seen.
all i did was simply install razer cortex. it did great job with hdd optimisation, improved its responsiveness with games and data fetching. and now i play on high with no problems most of the games i have. only AC odyssey has improved on very high settings with the hdd while loading all the textures. but it's still a bit tough.

i had another question pls. does radeon anti aliasing setting has any negative effects on graphics or does it create any deviance in the game anti aliasing? cuz now i run mad max on full hd max settings and it is running perfect. i use MLAA and EQAA ×8 from radeon settings. the game has jagginess. i also notice jagginess in other games, like FFXV. anyone has an idea?

I just let the game handle the aa. if you want msaa override it in radeon settings.

upload_2019-9-1_14-5-24.png

yes. that l's i am doing righ now. i am using override EQAAX8.
try turning it off in game, maybe try super sampling, idk youre gonna have to play with it. but there will ususally still be a little bit or other trade offs like shimmering. play till you find the look you like.

try turning it off in game, maybe try super sampling, idk youre gonna have to play with it. but there will ususally still be a little bit or other trade offs like shimmering. play till you find the look you like.
yea, i had supersampling as AA method. forgot to mention. i notice no shimmering though

Back