Is there a way to make your own Dremel sandpaper attachment for contour sanders

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-...er-for-Wood-and-Metal-18-Pack-MM80W/202074038

this set is $14.5

The back side is a bunch of small hook, it's the way nylon strap strapped together w/ those micro hook on both sides

I have all kinds of sandpapers, is there a way to rig the sandpaper to attach to that padded attachment (without buying their attachment), see below

https://images.offerup.com/wyo5KpzP...541/ed60/ed60885708d14ad6a2263e38d1b3cda4.jpg

ed60885708d14ad6a2263e38d1b3cda4.jpg

I need this contour sander to sand down some surface for my scartch build PC case

Cut a sandpaper sheet to fit and glue some velcro strips on the back side?

I'm not really sure how that tool works.

Have you try it? how reasonable does sandpaper glues to the back side of velcro? Velcro is nylon, sandpaper is paper, when the contour sander is turn on, what will happen?

I've never used that tool but sandpaper will stick to other stuff if you use spray adhesive.

I have one of those.

You don't need any glue or anything except for that flat diamond shaped one the rest of those rubber gizmose are for wrapping a piece of sand paper around them and then sliding it into the tool and clamp it down.

I have tried using rigging something up for the flat pad but it is just easier and less headache buying the Velcro sandpaper.

That's what I am afraid of. The smaller one I can manage, but they are for smaller surface. I guess I'll buy the replacement then

I own the above, and just try to use it on the suface of the case that I have some drill holes on. I use this dremel no more than a few times in the past no. of years. Today, as I was using it, it just stop, so I thought it over heat. ABout 1 hr. later, it still won't start.

the unit is really brand new, is Dremel build so fragile?

I own the above, and just try to use it on the suface of the case that I have some drill holes on. I use this dremel no more than a few times in the past no. of years. Today, as I was using it, it just stop, so I thought it over heat. ABout 1 hr. later, it still won't start.

the unit is really brand new, is Dremel build so fragile?

Check the brushes, they're under circular covers below and above the switch, you can use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the covers to inspect them.

Make sure they're not stuck or broken, it's a common problem since the carbon/graphite brushes are fragile and the dust they generate can get them stuck.

If the brushes are fine, you'll have to disassemble the unit carefully and start tracing wires and checking circuitry to wee why the motor isn't running.

my folks give me a new one. This one uses generic sandpaper, it's a clip on, so I don't have to buy special hook / loop sandpaper, I really like it

Back