Is there a way to get rid of all the Oblivion gates opening all over the place?

Eagle156

2[H]4U
The gates are soooo damn annoying. I'm watching the sunset over the imperial city while riding towards it, when I stumble upon another PITA oblivion gate that makes everything look horribly ugly like someone took a shit all over the countryside, and then made the skies red. :mad: I know it's the story line of the game but I just want to stop all these Oblivion gates from opening everywhere and ruining the graphics.

Yeah, you can get rid of them by going into them and taking the sigil stone out of each tower. I don't think they actually "open" at certain times, they are predetermined on the map when you start the game.

I think they open randomly until the end of the MQ?

In which case the answer is: Complete the MQ.

Yeah, I remember reading "there are 16 daedra princes, each with his own realm of Oblivion." But, during my horse travels...I've found a looooot more than 16 gates so far. ><

50 is the max number of gates...

But you need to close max 2. The one in Kvatch and the Super Gate... Do the MQ if you are like me and find them repetitive and booring.

I believe there are something like 26 Oblivion Gates. There are 2 main ones attatched to the main quest but several that you need to go through in order to finish the quest. There are 6 or so gates with their own side quests. The rest are pretty much just filler.

And after I closed the first gate they appear dotted all over the landscape. Most of them I will go into to close. Unless I'm on a quest already at which point I will pass them by and if I happen upon them again I'll close them.

*Ninja Edit*
I was treed.

yea, they won't even let you pick incredients off the clannfears until you get to a certain level...

pretty lame really... i was also assuming there were only 19 (i thought 19 princes) each with thier own 'plane of oblivion'... but i did see more and more at an alarming rate...

just figured the MQ was to close them all :shrugs:

nice place to find loot though, rather go into a bandit cave though, sigil stones nice for enchanting your fav weapon though

Get athletics, acrobatics, and speed up decently. Sprint naked through Oblivion while spamming heals every time you get zapped. Quickloading to get the sigil stone I wanted always took longer than the actual Oblivion run. That really is the only reason to go. If you want Daedric kit, find vampires.

On my 5 gate, I gave my self Speed fortify and entered Oblivion, ran all the way to the tower, ran all the way up the tower, got the sigil stone and closed the gate, in under 10 mins. All I did was heal my self and summon Daedra to protect me in tight spaces.

I don't need money since I abused the gold glitch, the Count at skingrad when I get the cure to my Vampirisum. So that means I don't need to collect items... I have far too many already.

Why were the Devs so secretive about Oblivion? It's an extremely standard run of the mill "Hell-like place". Also it looks like crap compared with the rest of the ga- oh I think I know the reason now.

you need to finish the main quest. Or, if you're starting a new game, don't enter the first oblivion gate, since it's after this point that they start popping up randomly. And they do pop up randomly. I went into a bandit cave, cleared it out, and when I came out there was a shiny red oblivion gate waiting for me.

I didn't realize there were different sigil stones. No wonder my last one couldn't be used to enchant anything.

Am I missing something or does the MQ change? because right now I had to close a gate outside of bravil as part of the MQ. Next I have to ask all the towns to send help to bravil.. yea thats cool n all, but every freaking town won't send help because they have a gate that needs closed.

I guess I could prolly just skip the getting Bravil help part.. who knows lol.

Just for refrence, I hate the freaking gates.

Eagle156 said:
The gates are soooo damn annoying. I'm watching the sunset over the imperial city while riding towards it, when I stumble upon another PITA oblivion gate that makes everything look horribly ugly like someone took a shit all over the countryside, and then made the skies red. :mad: I know it's the story line of the game but I just want to stop all these Oblivion gates from opening everywhere and ruining the graphics.

Um it's an invasion by demons. That's the main plot of the game.

moralpanic said:
Um it's an invasion by demons. That's the main plot of the game.
True but the main quest of this game sucks compared to the rest of the game.

Back