is there a way to get a vga cable? alone

xgambetx

Limp Gawd
^^^^^ because my monitors vga cable is broken so i cant have it at the right colors so i was wondering if i was able to buy a plain vga cable for me to vut off the one my monitor has now and put in this one

Buy a vga cable and cut the end off.

Some monitors will just have the vga connector inside of the case, so check that out. You might just be able to put a new cable on there connector and all.

TMan1876 said:
Buy a vga cable and cut the end off.

Some monitors will just have the vga connector inside of the case, so check that out. You might just be able to put a new cable on there connector and all.

ohh so im able to pull out all the wires from the vga cable without a problem?

VGA cables are just a bundle of wires inside a jacket. Strip back the jacket, and then strip back the insulation on the wires and do what you have to do.

The best solution is to buy a decent monitor that doesn't have a fixed cable.

The 2nd best solution is to open it up, desolder the old cable and solder the new cable directly to the board. You will need to have a multimeter or some other way to check/verify which wire is which. If you are extremely lucky there will be; like TMan said, a regular HD-15 plug and you don't have to mess with the wires.

The worst option is splicing cables, especially with video cables it isn't going to have a positive impact on picture quality.

Just be aware when opening up an CRT that both the tube itself and various capacitors on the board may contain extremely high voltages even when powered off/diconnected and can potentially hurt or kill you. So when you have the monitor open don't just go touching everything in sight.

where could i get this VGA cable at? can i get it at radioshack? theres a shop here where they fix tv's and such so i can take it there

Back