Is there a way to block Popups (Not the usual kind)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I can block the 'usual' popups but the new kind of ones are starting to irk me! They are the ones that say "20% off" Or "Free Shipping" or other kind of BS!
I am not interested in their BS so how can I block these?
Thanks

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 17-29-28 Coax Cable FAQ Series What is RG Cable - Consolidated Electr...png

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 12-01-59 bluMe HD.png

Where is this in Firefox, Yes I went back as I like their "New Tab Page" better as I can put my most used sites on it Don't see how to do that in Edge.

Yes but I think these use a different type of coding as I have the pop-up blocker enabled but these still come up.

Yeah, those are dom elements which are spawned with JavaScript, which are in a transparent container that covers the entire page. You can block them with scripts or by blocking the js that spawns them from loading, but that can break the page sometimes.

These aren't really new, just becoming more popular now.

I have ublock origin maybe I need to reconfigure it?
Use the element picker (eyedrop icon on the bottom of its menu) and click on the darkened background. The element you're picking will be highlighted with an outline, so use that to make sure of what you're blocking. Click the Create button in the small window that shows up. You might need to click on more elements depending on how it's presented. You'll need to reload the page after doing this if you don't get the scroll bars back.

These are more properly called modal dialogs. And they're stupid annoying. If it's just a newsletter subscription, I like to put in webmaster@ their domain, but I don't know if anyone actually sets up a webmaster address anymore, maybe I'll start putting postmaster or abuse which are more likely to be looked at.

Back