Is there a way out for this?

Sagan

Gawd
When I play some games for 2/3 hours my card suffers from heat because my rig is placed on a corner with poor ventilation. Sometimes in the middle of the game the display driver freezes the game and then recovers itself again. But each time I play a game afterwards it would directly feeze ingame, so I have to restart my pc each time. Is there a magic way to fix this without the constant restarts?

8800 chipset
Tried different drivers.
:rolleyes:

underclock

find better cooling/ventilation

its not even a driver issues, if your airflow is so bad that its constantly crashing your system, your talking the chance of major hardware damage.
fix the ventilation before you wreck your machine

its not the pc its self, its your vdeo card, and mostlikely your vid ram... buying a new vid card will help it for awhile, but unless you get it fresh air, it will end up right back where you are

underclock

find better cooling/ventilation

its not even a driver issues, if your airflow is so bad that its constantly crashing your system, your talking the chance of major hardware damage.
fix the ventilation before you wreck your machine

Thats what happens when you buy an 8800 ultra OC edition

But is there a way to not restarting and making it work again?

Thats what happens when you buy an 8800 ultra OC edition

But is there a way to not restarting and making it work again?

that could just be a driver conflict, the drivers should auto recover and come back up on there own, have you tryed uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it help with this issue??

the down side is, the damage is already done to your current hardware, there is no way out of keeping it from crashing at this point (underclocking, and fresh air will help, but it probably wont solve the problem...)

the other side of the coin would be to turn off automatic driver recovery, what this will do is it will keep the drivers from seeing that the vid card is overheating and trying to reset it in the first place... this will have 2 out comes, one is certain, the other is likely over time, the first being, when the card filanlly gets totally stuffed up, it will simply crash... end of game, you must restart.. no choice.. the other, is that over time, it will totally kill your video card, becuase the restart is a protection mechinsim, overrideing this will alllow you to play longer, but it will kill the hardware sooner or later..

i'd say move your rig outta that hot corner, open the side panel and aim a fan at your 8800 for the time being.

if your card keeps crashing that's bad and if it starts behaving, that's good.

if it starts behaving, rethink your current cooling setup.

it'd help to see pictures of how your case is ventilated, for suggestions or to eliminate that as a problem.

here's me assuming your not on water.

i'd say move your rig outta that hot corner, open the side panel and aim a fan at your 8800 for the time being.

if your card keeps crashing that's bad and if it starts behaving, that's good.

if it starts behaving, rethink your current cooling setup.

it'd help to see pictures of how your case is ventilated, for suggestions or to eliminate that as a problem.

here's me assuming your not on water.

I agree with this post.

My friend knows crap about cable management and has a crappy hand-me-down case with the heart of a monster.

Unfortunately he started experiencing the same problems and ended up taking the side off the case then used a portable fan. It works very well, yet unfortunately again he is not willing to buy a new case! :eek: wtf!

Back