Is there a USB Bluetooth Receiver that acts as an audio input on PC (mix phone/alexa with your PC audio)?

DoubleTap

2[H]4U
Obviously there are tons of bluetooth adapters for the PC

Most are to let you send your PC audio out to a pair of bluetooth headphones

I'm trying to find a device that acts as a "line in" audio adapter so I can mix my phone or my alexa audio into my PC - the same way you used to be able to mix your phone with the line in jack.

Yeah, you can still make that work, but it tends to be noisy.

So I'm not looking for a BT Receiver to 3.5mm device - the Echo already does that.

I want to stay in the digital (USB) domain.

Edit: I don't need to mix phone calls or a microphone - just stuff like a podcast, etc

Any ideas?

Obviously there are tons of bluetooth adapters for the PC

Most are to let you send your PC audio out to a pair of bluetooth headphones

I'm trying to find a device that acts as a "line in" audio adapter so I can mix my phone or my alexa audio into my PC - the same way you used to be able to mix your phone with the line in jack.

Yeah, you can still make that work, but it tends to be noisy.

So I'm not looking for a BT Receiver to 3.5mm device - the Echo already does that.

I want to stay in the digital (USB) domain.

Edit: I don't need to mix phone calls or a microphone - just stuff like a podcast, etc

Any ideas?
not a dongle that i know of but i might have something that will work for the purpose. let me go dig in my work email...
this with your line in should work
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NUTG5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: helps if i read carefully... ignore me i guess.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It looks like all you need is Bluetooth on the PC with Windows 10 and you can transmit audio from the phone to the PC.
Dongle needs to support this, AD2P audio streaming feature

It looks like all you need is Bluetooth on the PC with Windows 10 and you can transmit audio from the phone to the PC.
Dongle needs to support this, AD2P audio streaming feature
that AD2P stuff is what i was just looking at and couldnt figure out if it would actually work or not. the cheapo BT4 dongle i bought said it supported it but i could never get audio streaming to work.

that AD2P stuff is what i was just looking at and couldnt figure out if it would actually work or not. the cheapo BT4 dongle i bought said it supported it but i could never get audio streaming to work.

I've got 2 old BT Dongles, one wouldn't connect to my phone but the other one did, but I can't send audio out to the PC with it.
Could be because I am using an iPhone and they don't have the feature or my dongle doesn't have AD2P.

IMG_9141.PNG
IMG_9142.PNG

I have a Strix Z390i motherboard with Bluetooth.

I've connected it before but never saw any audio options.

Not a dongle, but maybe you want this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1JJBJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It can be used as a receiver or transmitter, supports both 3.5mm audio as well as optical audio for both input and output. It also has a pass through mode if you have another device already using an optical line.

That is an interesting device and it might go well on the TV in the living room. One user said that bypass mode picks up some low level beeping noise - also, I think this would not mix with the PC audio, but just take over the optical channel when you use it. I'd have to think about whether that would work or not.

What I really want is an optical input to my PC and an Echo device with an optical output. Yes, Amazon makes one, but it only runs at 48Khz - which is probably fine, but I know that as soon as I buy one, they will introduce gen 2...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What I really want is an optical input to my PC and an Echo device with an optical output.

For the PC can't you get a sound card that has an optical input? Creative Sound Blaster cards support it.

I haven't tried bypass mode with that device, only used it for BT streaming and it works without any beeping. I was assuming your PC audio device could do the mixing. If you do mixing on an external device then I would assume it would be pretty high-end to do it by itself in hardware as opposed to using software on a computer.

For the PC can't you get a sound card that has an optical input? Creative Sound Blaster cards support it.

I haven't tried bypass mode with that device, only used it for BT streaming and it works without any beeping. I was assuming your PC audio device could do the mixing. If you do mixing on an external device then I would assume it would be pretty high-end to do it by itself in hardware as opposed to using software on a computer.

1. Yes, you can get cards with optical in, but they are not very common and since I'm running mITX and don't have a spare PCIE slot, I would need a USB solution which is pretty rare (but they do exist).

2. Yes, the PC audio stack can mix an external input with your internal PC sound. I've tried it with analog inputs and it can be noisy so I'm only interested in doing it with digital.

3. You're right, you need a professional device to mix optical audio.

I really appreciate your input - thanks!

Reactions: Xrave
like this
Back