Is there a palm os pda with b/w screen and mp3?

juztyn

Gawd
Thing is, I go backpacking a lot, so I need a pda with a black and white screen for battery life, something that uses regular aaa's too though, but I want an mp3 player in it too... I was thinking about a handspring visor with a springboard thing added, but it's too bulky with the springboard added... I used to have a visor deluxe and that worked great, looong battery life. I was looking at some of the Clie's, but I dont think there is a b/w mp3 model? Can anybody help me out... I'm just looking for something cheap (under $100 on ebay)... thanks.

You are out of luck

Its like asking for a B&W TV with a built in DVD player

Simplicity, I pack light, mp3 player & a pda is really not an option unless i got one of those super tiny mp3 players, though that's just one more thing to get lost... I wouldnt mind a color screen really if it had decent battery life, but Im hiking for a week or more sometimes and that doesnt work so well... anyway, so there are none?? I had a ipaq 3150, but i hated the windows ce os and sucky battery life (vs a palm os device)...

MP3 player: Rio Carbon
PDA: I have a Sony PEG-SJ22 that I picked up at Best Buy for $120 about a year ago. Pretty good battery life I think. Color screen. If you need an Office-type app for it you should pick up QuickOffice Suite. A lot cheaper than Documents to Go.

Thought about a solarcharger, like the brunton solaroll, but it's damn expensive and pretty weighty...

my sony clie th55 has uber battery life than most pda. for mp3 continusly with screen off, it can play for about 24 hours. compare to the previous clie I owned, it was pathetic 4 hours. I charge mine every 2 weeks.

you don't need one with b/w screen, you can always turn off the backlit on the pda and save battery.

IIRC, sony has a cable that you can charge your clie with a 9v battery. they have extended battery for ux50. that thing still not as good as my clie for battery life comparsion. :p

if there is one, it is probably made by Sony. Like DaWhim said, the PEG-TH55 is probably the most current model that has excellent battery life. It uses the Sony Handheld engine which is variable from 8 to 125MHz and it has a DSP to accelerate multimedia.

I wish Sony were still making new Palms :(

I love my sharp zaurus. The screen turns off after 5 secs of me not using it (when I set it to) so battery life due to screen is not an issue.

Back