Is there a current case better than the Cooler Master ATC-110?

samduhman

[H]ard|Gawd
Thinking about replacing my precious Cooler Master ATC-110. I've had it for a couple years and its starting to get a little ruff around the edges. However is there a worthy upgrade you can recommend? I've looked and Im hard pressed to find one. Im sure their are but seeing pictures online isn't the same as seeing them in person.

Here is a link/picture of it. Mine has a window.

ATC-110 pic/review

The cost would have to be under $150.

Personally... I think the Aerocool masstige takes the nice case cake...

That's a very subjective question.

Still one of my most favorite coolermaster cases. Keep it and make people like me jealous.

Seems like a sweet case, but I wouldn't want a door. Just an extra step for which I don't care to exert myself. And with it off, the front isn't flush with itself, so that would bother me as well.

entropism said:
Looks? GORGEOUS. 4x 80mm fans? No thanks.

Ya it's an old timer. However I don't overclock and don't have a heating issue so its good.

Arcygenical said:

Ya I know its subjective. Im just looking for everyones best opinion on a case that would be worth upgrading to from my current box.

Aerocool looks nice but one big negative for me. Its has a steel chassis. I want to stick to strictly aluminum.

80mm fans can work fine. 4 of them can move plenty of air... if you are not overclocking... if you just want a nice stable box this would be great... lack of front usb makes it a no go for me.

I am sticking with my beat-up rev A antec p180 until I have to build an entirely new system.

I think silverstone has some new case that is pretty awsome... and of course antec has a p180 rev B with better panels...

I want to stick to strictly aluminum.

I recently was given an antec super lanboy (speaking of all aluminum)... it had a broken switch and was dusty as hell... but once I replaced the switch with a momentary from some electronic store, and pulled the LED light strip off the front fan (led fans are pretty... umm... gay)... I have to say... this case is nice. very light, has room for lots of stuff *EXCEPT!!!!* the back fan, mounted on the inside, left no room for the CPU heatsink (I threw an NF2 socketA system in there with an thermalright si97)... the fan had to be mounted on the outside, but it does work. For a case supposedly designed for an enthusiast, this was a pretty bad design flaw.

Yashu said:
80mm fans can work fine. 4 of them can move plenty of air
Well yeah, but four 80mm fans are going to produce more noise than two 120mm fans to push the same amount of air. When it comes to something that produces noise, the smaller amount wins.

I have yet to see a case that comes close to the high build quality of my ATC-110... on another note, interested in selling your windowed side panel to me? My system could really use it - I put alot of time into making cables invisible.

No.

The Lian Li V2000B+ is as good as you can get, in my opinion. I loved my ATC-111, and the V2000B+ the closest I've come to having a comparably built (quality-wise) chassis. All the PC-7x and 6x cases paled in comparison.

samduhman said:
Thinking about replacing my precious Cooler Master ATC-110. I've had it for a couple years and its starting to get a little ruff around the edges. However is there a worthy upgrade you can recommend? I've looked and Im hard pressed to find one. Im sure their are but seeing pictures online isn't the same as seeing them in person.

Here is a link/picture of it. Mine has a window.

ATC-110 pic/review

The cost would have to be under $150.

At the price point you are looking for, I don't think you can find another case comparable unless it's used. How much did you spend to get the ATC-110 anyways?

tonyou said:
At the price point you are looking for, I don't think you can find another case comparable unless it's used. How much did you spend to get the ATC-110 anyways?

It was $150 when I bought it a couple years ago and Im beginning to agree with you.

penguin said:
I have yet to see a case that comes close to the high build quality of my ATC-110... on another note, interested in selling your windowed side panel to me? My system could really use it - I put alot of time into making cables invisible.

Sorry, even if I bought a new case I'd still keep this one for another system.

Wow. Big-ass cases. The longer I stare at my Lian-Li PC65b, the more I want my next system housed in a Shuttle. Granted, I moved back home after college. Once I have my own, more permanent place, I might get a huge tower to have some fun with.

The ATC-110 is just my dream case! I would not change it.
I think it is the best looking case ever.

samduhman said:
Sorry, even if I bought a new case I'd still keep this one for another system.
So even a trade for my non-windowed panel wouldn't be possible? I've been searching for a windowed panel forever :(

Yea the TJ03 is definitely a beautiful case. I was never able to find a windowed side panel for my ATC-110, too bad. Anyways to answer your question. If you're shopping for a new case I would stick with Silverstone, these are the same guys that brought us all those beautiful ATCS cases, so all Silverstone cases retain that classic ATCS look. This is one of the main reasons why I'm so drawn to their cases. Now you mentioned that you only want to stick to aluminum? If you're dead set on that, then you basically have three options: The TJ03, TJ07, and the TJ09, most of the cases however are way above the price that you listed. The more I use my TJ06 the more I like the steel/aluminum design, it really does do a great job of drowning out sound, and it has a much sturdier feel to it. Also, with a price of 115$, I consider this beaut to be a bargain. My advice.... go with a Silverstone!

Arcygenical said:

I couldnt agree more!!!1 One the best purchases I have made in a while, no regrets

Hi All,

I have the Cooler Master ATC 101 SX4, and as far as I can see none of the current case's come close except for maybe Silverstone's new TJ09 Temjin, & TJ07 Temjin. I would say keep what you already have.

The Coolermaster ATC is definently the sexiest and most well-built case in its price range, BUT it uses 80mm fans which are loud and don't move as much air as 120mm fans. That's its only downfall, and it's a big one in my opinion.

If the 80mm fans don't bother you, I would go with this case http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ower_Case_-_Black_PAC-T01-EK.html?id=GYmPYG87 since it's pretty much the ATC without the door.

Other options are old Cooler Master cases, Silverstone, and Lian-Li.

Hi All,

You are correct Si0dine in that the 80mm fans are the one & only weakness in a otherwise superior design. However I've went with Vantec Stealth 80mm Fans that are very quiet. Here's the link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999602

While the amount of air moved isn't great, it seems to be enough to keep your components cool. My processor idles @ 32 degrees c. You can see my system in mt sig.

Yeah, if Cooler Master redesigned the ATC and old Praetorian with upside-down ATX positioning, PSU on bottom, replaced the 2 3" bays with 5" bays, and replaced the 80mm fans with 120mm it would easily be the best case on the market at $150-$175.

Hi All,

I agree with you Si0dine, but it seems as though Cooler Master has gone a differnt direction with their designs. I've read in the past that the design team behind many of Cooler Master's Cases went over to Silverstone. How true that is, I can't say. However many of Silverstones designs seem to echoe the classic Cooler Master look.

I'm really impressed with Silverstone's latest cases specifically the Temjim TJ09. That case seems to have it all.

jtm55 got it right, silverstone started by a large part of the coolermaster atc design team (which is why their designs rock). If heat and noise aren't a problem I'd stick with the atc-110. I have one in my parents office area and fits right in with their rather nice furniture. Only case that compares is the tj-03 but that's pretty far out of your price range. Keep the atc-110.

Cooler Master has abandoned the truly high-end market and now focuses squarely on the mainstream market. That is why a lot of their designs look cheap, because they are! Even supposed high-end designs such as the Stacker 830 have way too much plastic on them for my taste. I've said it before I'll say it again, thank god for Silverstone er.... ATC.... I mean Silverstone. :D I miss the good ole days were the cheapest case CM would sell would be around 150$, when you bought one of those you still felt like you got the best of the best. Now, none of CM's cases (except the wavemaster, and old praetorian) exude that same quality. CM has really gone down the drains in my book.

I just went over all tower Silverstone cases and though those are nice cases, I do maintain that ATC110 is the best looking case ever.

Well, if I already had that case I would just keep the $150.00 rather than buying another one that is virtually identical. That's just me though..

However, on second thought, if the money is really burning a hole in my pocket, I would go to the bank and get it changed into 6 x $20 bills and then spend the remaining $30 bucks on a buttload of metal polish. I would then proceed to use the bills to apply the polish.

Do This, and All of Your Dreams will Come True.

Personally I don't see you finding a better case in your price range, but I do understand the need to try new stuff out too :).

I wanted the ATC-110 so bad, but I found out about it when it was no longer being produced and picked up an ATC-201B instead. I also stuffed it with Vantec Stealths (well, their Sunon OEM counterparts anyway). It was always a favorite until I found Lian Li's stuff.

I recently found my dream case: the Lian Li PC A10B, but it's almost $90 over your price range :( I love case doors and it has a nice one that can be taken off (the door and the parts holding it on can be removed to make it look like there never was a door).

I personally think you should keep it! Maybe mod it and add a 120mm hole to the top or side? Have a new front panel made and add a 120mm fan to that? There was someone that did something similar, his name is YellowSnow17 or something similar.

jtm55 said:
Hi All,

You are correct Si0dine in that the 80mm fans are the one & only weakness in a otherwise superior design. However I've went with Vantec Stealth 80mm Fans that are very quiet. Here's the link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999602

While the amount of air moved isn't great, it seems to be enough to keep your components cool. My processor idles @ 32 degrees c. You can see my system in mt sig.

your price point of $150 is whats limiting you. but if you want to know if there is a better case out there that can not only match your beloved cooler master ATC-110 in looks, but can also match it and if not beat it in performance, space, and quality. the answer is yes.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj09.htm

120mm fans
all aluminum
side window panel.
slide out mobo tray
clean vintage look that matches your ATC-110.

i can go on and on but ill let u read up on all the features.

if anyone is looking for that classic vintage clean look, the silverstone tj109 is hands down the top case.

noodlesnspam said:
your price point of $150 is whats limiting you. but if you want to know if there is a better case out there that can not only match your beloved cooler master ATC-110 in looks, but can also match it and if not beat it in performance, space, and quality. the answer is yes.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj09.htm

120mm fans
all aluminum
side window panel.
slide out mobo tray
clean vintage look that matches your ATC-110.

i can go on and on but ill let u read up on all the features.

if anyone is looking for that classic vintage clean look, the silverstone tj109 is hands down the top case.
Am I the only one who thinks the side intake mesh on the right side panel of the tj-09 looks like crap?

penguin said:
Am I the only one who thinks the side intake mesh on the right side panel of the tj-09 looks like crap?

Looks fine to me, I don't like the finish though, it looks cheap.

si0dine said:
Looks fine to me, I don't like the finish though, it looks cheap.

how does the finish compare tot he ATC-110?

I certainly understand not everyone has the same taste in cases. but im just curious when comparing extremely similar cases with the classic clean design, how does the 109 compare to the ATC-110 or even the antec p-180 and lian li v2100 finishes, all these cases have that clean classic design

noodlesnspam said:
how does the finish compare tot he ATC-110?

I certainly understand not everyone has the same taste in cases. but im just curious when comparing extremely similar cases with the classic clean design, how does the 109 compare to the ATC-110 or even the antec p-180 and lian li v2100 finishes, all these cases have that clean classic design
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/tj09/34-view/tj09.jpg
http://media.ldlc.com/ld/articles/00/00/40/32/LD0000403220_2.jpg
http://www.gamepc.com/images/labs/rev-atc110-bottombezelLG.jpg
http://www.dansdata.com/images/pcv1000/cornerclose640.jpg
http://www.lianlimodding.com/lianlireview/2100.png

My favorite finishes are the v1000 and praetorian

i think the finish on the black 109 looks a bit better. Also, if you choose to get your case custom painted, the finish wouldnt be a problem and then you would just focus on the design.

Back