is there a Crucial rep. on this board? Rebate problem unsolved

dwilson041781

[H]ard|Gawd
After submitting a rebate on a recent purchase, my rebate was denied due to an error not on my part.
I was told if they moved it up to another program it would get denied as well, this time because of postmark date, so im confused what was it rejected for the first time?

claim#: 45446173

$35 isnt alot of money, but in the grand scheme its the idea of being scammed.

Same thing happened with mine - they said that something was missing - it wasn't though. Thankfully, they are letting me redo it.. Still kind of sucks though. :(

Yeah, rebates are a joke. I never consider it part of the purchase cost, because they always try to find a way out of them, you never know if you're actually going to get it.

Yeah, rebates are a joke. I never consider it part of the purchase cost, because they always try to find a way out of them, you never know if you're actually going to get it.

Yep but with a BIG company like Crucial this can result in bad business and bad reputation which they really shouldnt want.(left my review on Newegg, and it will stay unless this is fixed)

Im gonna stick with Corsair, great products and Ive always gotten my rebates headache free.

Like I said $35 isnt alot of money, but its the idea that annoys me, I did everything right.

I'm still waiting on two Corsair rebates and one Cooler Master rebate, all through Status-Now. One's for $40. That's a lot of money. It's still being "processed," although I'm pretty sure it should've been mailed by now. It's from February, and the others are earlier than that.

Im gonna stick with Corsair

Pun intended.

Sorry, couldn't resist - back on topic, corsair hasn't failed me on a rebate (or a product, for that matter)

i thought corsair got me once recently but I actually missed the mail and someone misplaced or threw it away, and after phone call they said that they had sent, but it wasnt cashed and they would send a new one out and within a week it arrived, thats CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Im actually calling crucial one more time to see what they will do, if anything.

Did you make copies of all the completed forms? If so, you can send that in for proof that you filled everything out correctly. If you didn't keep copies like you should have, then they might just say tough shit. ALWAYS keep copies of UPCs and completed rebate forms.

Most companies usually don't handle their own rebates directly anyway. There are rebate centers that handle everything for companies so it's not really Crucial making the mistake, it's probably the rebate center.

Did you make copies of all the completed forms? If so, you can send that in for proof that you filled everything out correctly. If you didn't keep copies like you should have, then they might just say tough shit. ALWAYS keep copies of UPCs and completed rebate forms.

Most companies usually don't handle their own rebates directly anyway. There are rebate centers that handle everything for companies so it's not really Crucial making the mistake, it's probably the rebate center.

No I didnt make copies, that a bit too much if you ask me, And yes its a different place handling the rebates, after talking to them yesterday it appears they are gonna correct this, well see.(thankfully newegg keeps your invoices stored)

No I didnt make copies, that a bit too much if you ask me, And yes its a different place handling the rebates, after talking to them yesterday it appears they are gonna correct this, well see.(thankfully newegg keeps your invoices stored)

A bit much? It's commonly recommended to keep copies for situations like this. Take another look at the rebate form. Just like every other rebate form ever made, I bet it specifically says to keep copies of everything.

Hopefully you use this as a lesson for the future. Take the extra few minutes to make copies of everything. It makes recovering 'lost' or denied rebates much easier.

My wife and I always make copies. It's our best proof as a consumer to make sure we get these things if they claim they are missing something. Easy to do if you have a all-in-one machine. Guess if you didn't it would kinda suck to have to make a copy.

Not to change the topic, but I've been hosed 100% of the time by AT&T on cell phone deals. So much aggrevation on the rebate front that i changed cell phone carriers.:eek:

Back on track.....Corsair and CoolerMaster = good on rebates.:D

With the exception of abit, they are the only one's that I can recall in recent times at least that process their own MIRs.

@OP perhaps I missed it (still not gotten the coffee effect yet :p), but did Rebate Status (IIRC Crucial's choice of rebate houses) give you a reason as to why they were denying you in the first place? Usually they do, like back in '00/01'ish when M$ (or their rebate house at the time) denied me, they told me it was due to two rebates (different sub times, different store sources even but still got denied). You mention "not on my part" - is that *their* words, or yours?

Also, I *really really* hope you did as others said and made copies of EVERYTHING. It's your only recourse in the situation. Also get a hold of Crucial direct, there's live support for example (check other options in crucial.com's Support links for other ways I guess), and explain the situation. If you were smart enough to at least scan/copy everything, they will likely step up to the plate and either get SN to issue the check upon your proof of submission documents in order, or perhaps even issue a check direct in the event SN insists on being a price about it.

And no it's not Corsair and Crucial = good on rebates - they both use 3rd party rebate fulfillers (as do most companies). However, if you cover your end and copy everything, I have every confidence that both will make it right in the end that's for sure.. Personally, I've even started to resort to copying the envelopes, and go as far as PRINT the pertinent info on both the forms as well as the envelopes now so there's NO excuse as to legibility! For the ones that require a signature, they get it, but PRINTED info leads to no complaints on that front, nor do I have mis-spelled names/addresses anymore (kind of infuriates me, even the DMV manages to f* that up still).

[edit] There's a "More contact options" link below the live chat link in the url I linked to. They've got options to e-mail, and mailing addresses/phone numbers. Also, seems they're using a "rebate zone" now, not RS, like I thought.

eg: the C/S option.

Toll-free for US and Canada
800-336-8915

Phone
1-208-363-5790

Hours (MST):
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

called yesterday and I gotta fax in my invoice, I didnt make copies of UPC or anything else, the description they gave was as follows, which i called them out on it and they verified I did indeed have until April 30th to have everything in, and they recieved it the 18th.

heres the exact verbage.

Purchase date on sales reciept does not fall within program dates.

Which that was corrected yesterday, tomorrow Im gonna fax it in and see what happens from there.

Back