Is there a Combofix for Win10?

Defender is good, but um... it would clearly be the first AV somebody would try to fool.

I like BitDefender.

Reactions: magda
like this
The entire OS you're using "imvolve" Microsoft. What's your point?

I don't trust good ol' Billy Gates and his antivirus (software or injections) 😏
I prefer a more trustworthy thirdparty

Combofix was never a full antivirus solution. It was a get your ass out of trouble emergency av/malware scanner fix. And no it stopped at Win 7.

I don't trust good ol' Billy Gates and his antivirus (software or injections) 😏
I prefer a more trustworthy thirdparty
Bill Gates hasn't been involved with MS, even on the board, for over two years now.
If you don't trust MS, then, stop using the OS.

Bill Gates hasn't been involved with MS, even on the board, for over two years now.
If you don't trust MS, then, stop using the OS.
Sure, lets use Solidworks, Catia, SAP2000 and Autocad in linux 🤭 🤣😂

We are FORCED to use MS operating systems 🙄

Combofix was never a full antivirus solution. It was a get your ass out of trouble emergency av/malware scanner fix. And no it stopped at Win 7.
Thats what I want. ONE TIME USE for severely infected PCs. Im not talking about regular AV programs

Ah yes the days of Combofix, was amazing back in the day. It saved many a customers laptop with masses of hookey software on it. You couldn't always just flatten and rebuild a machine. Plus if you need to copy the user data off it, you need to be fairly sure the data is clean before you do.

That app really did pull stuff out that the other mainstream products couldn't. Even after three scans of the bare drive with other products, it would drag stuff off.

It always made me laugh that certain folks felt the tool was wayyy too powerful for normal folks to use and you should only use it with a lot of training etc. etc. Most bizarre how some folks revered it so much. :rolleyes:

Nah, download it run it and see all the extra crap it found and move on to the next stage.

Thankfully now I get maybe 3-4 machines in a year to clean up or rebuild due to virus stuff (actually mostly just update issues, a bit of mild adware or suckered into installing Teamviewer).
;)

Reactions: magda
like this
Back