Is there a cheap mobo for conroe that can OC decently?

Serge84

Gawd
Is there a darn mobo out there that will OC well for less then 80 bucks that supports a conroe for god sakes? lol Is the Biostar Tforce ones out yet that support Conroe? Only ones I can find that would be cheap... but offly expencive just for a standard mobo to hit $120.

Why is Serge getting a mobo that can support conroe you ask? Why I got lucky and got a extra E6400 in stock and don't need to sell it. Now all I need is a mobo that supports it (That I can afford now) and I could test it out. I do have this urge to OC the hell out if it... Its just sitting there begging for it. So why not hell.

If I can't get a decent mobo I don't know maybe I'll wait and get a crazy over priced mobo in 2 weeks or so when I get payed next. I just need to know what to expect to pay for a mobo that will OC to what I want to see. 3.5ghz or 4ghz if I'm lucky will prob be asking too much for a 120 buck mobo. Prob what just 3ghz. I'm just cerious Ok. Or maybe its dooms day after all. Since Mad Mod Mike went over the edge too in getting a E6700.

Maybe this will prove I'm not such a hard core AMD fan after all. I like Intels too... deep down. :D Hay I said I was neutral. XD I am just compeled to OC the darn thing. I prob cracked like some of those other AMD fans too, ya never know. =P

The cheapest decent core 2 duo overclocking boards released atm are the Gigabyte DS3 and the Asus P5B.

Serge84 said:
Is there a darn mobo out there that will OC well for less then 80 bucks that supports a conroe for god sakes? lol Is the Biostar Tforce ones out yet that support Conroe? Only ones I can find that would be cheap... but offly expencive just for a standard mobo to hit $120.

Why is Serge getting a mobo that can support conroe you ask? Why I got lucky and got a extra E6400 in stock and don't need to sell it. Now all I need is a mobo that supports it (That I can afford now) and I could test it out. I do have this urge to OC the hell out if it... Its just sitting there begging for it. So why not hell.

If I can't get a decent mobo I don't know maybe I'll wait and get a crazy over priced mobo in 2 weeks or so when I get payed next. I just need to know what to expect to pay for a mobo that will OC to what I want to see. 3.5ghz or 4ghz if I'm lucky will prob be asking too much for a 120 buck mobo. Prob what just 3ghz. I'm just cerious Ok. Or maybe its dooms day after all. Since Mad Mod Mike went over the edge too in getting a E6700.

Maybe this will prove I'm not such a hard core AMD fan after all. I like Intels too... deep down. :D Hay I said I was neutral. XD I am just compeled to OC the darn thing. I prob cracked like some of those other AMD fans too, ya never know. =P

Yes the Biostar TForce 965P is out.

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjEyMzgsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

Kyle had an amazing experience with this board it seems.

As far as going below $80.00 you are probably screwed there. No doubt the Biostar is cheaper than the Gigabyte and ASUS boards.

[LYL]Homer said:
Serge84, I'm not sure you need anything beyond Socket 754! =P

Already lost that battle and can't stop myself from buying new stuff with my money. :D And ppl change.

About Tforce:

Yeah I'm sure I'll get one of these. Oviously It does look like its worth it. And $80 isn't going to cut it. Somebody got 530FSB with a Tforce like that with the 965 chipset. Any difference between the 3 models they have in that chipset? So where is the Tforce 965 of any kind if its out?

I have a DS3 and e6300 overclocked to 2.96GHz currently. I wish I could go lower on the RAM multiplier, I'm already running my 667 ram at 850...that's probably about as far as it is going to go. I'm still pleased though. Default clock is 1.86Ghz and I'm 1.1GHz over that. This was by far the easiest overclocking experience I've ever had. Overclocking SocketA was a job compared to this...not to mention that I'm using the retail heatsink and fan and my load temps with two instances of folding@home running is under 50C.

Lyquist

Somebody needs to make intel mobos that OC like a expincive ATX board but it be in mATX form. Such as a Tforce6100.

Back