Is there a Call Forwarding solution, for International use?

jman0

n00b
Sorry i don't know where to put this.

I'm looking for suggestions for a solution whereby a small business located in USA, can forward their main number so that someone in the EU can answer.
This would be a part-time scenario, so that the call forwarding can be turned off and on at will.

The business's IT provider is claiming this would be really expensive but i have no details about it.

I imagine there could be a web solution whereby the office number gets forwarded to X web portal and the other person in the EU logins and answers incoming calls using a headset.

I work for a US phone company that specializes in small to medium businesses. If the customer has a web based PBX, they could just setup forwards on their web portal to an international number. This could be expensive, however that's if you did a forward.

Now, If the person in the EU is also part of the company, the PBX is voip based and the user can be sent an IP phone, it could just be setup on the system as a local extension then there would be no forwarding, you'd just have to change where the calls are ringing.

So yes, there could be a web solution but that depends on what product the customer has from their provider.

I work for a US phone company that specializes in small to medium businesses. If the customer has a web based PBX, they could just setup forwards on their web portal to an international number. This could be expensive, however that's if you did a forward.

Now, If the person in the EU is also part of the company, the PBX is voip based and the user can be sent an IP phone, it could just be setup on the system as a local extension then there would be no forwarding, you'd just have to change where the calls are ringing.

So yes, there could be a web solution but that depends on what product the customer has from their provider.

Ok thanks i'll try to find out.
The person in the EU is not part of the company, so they would have to either answer the call on their cell phone, or a landline; but preferably a web based service.

Google Voice (now Hangouts) does international calling, the price varies based on the source/destination iirc, but it's not stupid expensive for most locations. You'd pay their fee in addition to whatever data charges you normally have for local calling or wifi use.

There are other voip providers who support calling cell/landline phones who charge a similar fee.

I'm still waiting to find out if it's a web based PBX.

But I should have mentioned that the solution implemented needs to be switched off/on every day.
For example the person sitting in the EU answers the incoming calls between X hours, other times the phone rings in the office and is answered by someone in USA.

what?

Toll Fraud
is the unauthorised use of your phone lines, equipment, or services to make long. distance calls that are charged to you. Toll fraud is an illegal activity similar to computer. hacking. It is a global, industry-wide problem totalling over a billion dollars annually.

No the owner of the US company wants the EU person to answer incoming calls, the company is driving this.
Take your accusations elsewhere.

what?

No the owner of the US company wants the EU person to answer incoming calls, the company is driving this.
Take your accusations elsewhere.
Im not trying to accuse anything first of all. Im just letting you know what it is. I work for a VOIP phone provider. We deal with this all the time. What your asking is most definitely walking the line of it. It really depends on how they want it to work. If i forward my work phone to Mcdonalds in India it will do it. And i can call my work number with my cell and it will send the call to Mcdonalds in india with no incurred charges.

We do it for clients but they first have to go through our legal team to relinquish any fault to us and on to them.

A safer way to do this would be if the person in the US and INTL was on the same call platform. Then you could just setup the call flow to hit the TOD and if X then go to US hunt group or queue or if Y then goes to INTL hunt group or queue. In the Hunt group or queue is extensions. The reason this option is legal is because it never leaves the call platforms PSTN.

Im not trying to accuse anything first of all. Im just letting you know what it is. I work for a VOIP phone provider. We deal with this all the time. What your asking is most definitely walking the line of it. It really depends on how they want it to work. If i forward my work phone to Mcdonalds in India it will do it. And i can call my work number with my cell and it will send the call to Mcdonalds in india with no incurred charges.
Ok thanks this is more informative.
So in my scenario it sounds like the person working in the EU would likely incur charges for answering the phone if the US office number is forwarded to them.
The callers would all be US based.
The person in the EU has both a US cell and and EU cell, no landline at present.
I'm not sure which would be better or cheaper to run with if this scenario were implemented.
The US cell is connected to Google Project FI, i wonder if the number were ported to Google Voice would this make it a better solution...

A safer way to do this would be if the person in the US and INTL was on the same call platform. Then you could just setup the call flow to hit the TOD and if X then go to US hunt group or queue or if Y then goes to INTL hunt group or queue. In the Hunt group or queue is extensions. The reason this option is legal is because it never leaves the call platforms PSTN.
It's a small US company so i'm just not seeing how the person in the EU could possibly be connected to the same PSTN.

Back