Is there a better way to remote login to update data file than "LOGmeIn"?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a friend who hires an assistant to use logMeIn to login to his PC, and update a software call Sage 50, just ongoing data entry on the daily expenses.

Meanwhile, he also use this PC to update the same sage 50 files, so just plain old data entry.

Now, that PC is turn on 24 hr. x 7 days because there is no way of knowing when his assistant will login.

Is LogMeIn the normal way this is done? As 2 users updating the same files, day in, day out?

Or is there a better way to do all these?

Are they updating the data, or the software?
You're stating they "update a software call Sage 50"
But then you state "2 users updating the same files, day in, day out"

So at first you make it sound like a software update.
Then later, you make it sound like data-file/entry updates.
It's confusing...

Assuming the software and data file are network-ready and support simultaneous read/write connections, there should be no issue.
As for LogMeIn or not.
I'm guessing the assistant works from home, or somewhere other than location where the server and data sit.
Therefore, the only other way to do that kind of work remotely would most likely be through a VPN. Of course that then requires additional hardware, configuration, and support.

it's both. The sage 50 software needs update, and 2 users need to do data entry on the same accounting data files daily. VPN is more complex, I suppose they can stuck w/ logmein

Back