Is the XB271HU Still considered a good monitor for the money? It’s 4 years old now

I've owned 2 in the past and would definitely not hesitate to buy one again if the price was right. I think as far as IPS 165Hz G-Sync 1440p monitors go it's still pretty damn good.
Mine's still in service, and it still looks better than VA panels for motion in terms of black smearing, as I have one of those too. Better color and better uniformity as well.

All around a 'perfect' IPS, plus G-Sync and 165Hz. Hard to complain!

Thanks. my XB270HU died and the 271 seemed like the next best deal. I was hesitant to buy the same brand twice after the former dying but I did spend 1000s of hours on that monitor over 5 years.

There hasn't really been any improvement in high-end LCDs in the past 5 years, so yep, still good. The only meaningful change(below the $1000 price point) is that the best Freesync monitors have gotten quite good when they used to be crap.

You can find an equal monitor with quantum dot/nano ips, some very basic level of HDR. So slight improvements with color reproduction. I’m stll rocking on original xb270hu.

I might think about going to the 48cx after pc users get their hands on it.

Just another guy on this list that has been very happy w/ the XB271HU... had mine since, I believe, 2016.

Now, because son and I may get into sim car racing on the PC, I may get an ultra wide, 21x9, 3440x1440, IPS, high refresh...

Back