Is the Wii hard to play sitting down?

Well, if I get it, it will be in my room....I have about 5 ft between my bed and TV, which normally is fine....but I have a 51inch projection TV and viewing angles make it impossible to play standing up :(

Wii sports is a little hard to play sitting down, yes. I have never played zelda standing up though.

From what I've heard: no.

You don't have to flail your arms wildly. It's all in the wrist.

So you should have no problem sitting down and playing.

But where's the fun in that? :D

By the way, I don't even have a 51" tv in the living room....so I hate you! :mad:

:p

rfwinters77 said:
Try throwing a strike sitting down. Its possible, but its much easier to stand up and do the bowling motion.

all the movements are in the wrist, i find it silly to play tennis with those crazy movements. Just a few timed flicks in the wrist will get the ball over the net.

Bowling/Golf/Baseball I find I have to stand up for. Boxing I don't play and Tennis I sit down for. Rayman/Zelda always sit.

rfwinters77 said:

You don't have to flail your arms wildly. It's all in the wrist.

So you should have no problem sitting down and playing.

But where's the fun in that? :D

By the way, I don't even have a 51" tv in the living room....so I hate you! :mad:

:p
Its a cheapo TV, they were going for $699 on black friday, trust me...our living room has a 25" TV from the late 80s :(

$800 right now http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hita...48043/catOid/-12870/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I have Wii Sports, Zelda, and Super Monkey Ball.

The only things I stand up to do are bowling, golf, and batting. Bowling and golf are very hard to play sitting down, though batting can certainly be done that way.

I dont own a Wii (yet) but have spent a few hours playing in both sitting and standing atmospheres

any game can be played either way.. some games you rather stand but its not needed.

I don't really play Wii sports, but COD:3, Zelda, and Trauma Center I play sitting down.

I play wii sports standing up, but my brother is on crutches so he was able to play it sitting down ok.

Devnull said:
I play wii sports standing up, but my brother is on crutches so he was able to play it sitting down ok.
I hope he's not on crutches because of a Wii injury ;)

Holy crap, 70 hours? I got done with Twilight Princess in 41:30-something. And I don't ever use a guide.

Anywhoo, I think that playing all except bowling is quite easy sitting down. Boxing, tennis, golf, etc. are all easy to play sitting, but it's quite difficult to get that perfect bowl unless you're standing up.

Klintor said:
Holy crap, 70 hours? I got done with Twilight Princess in 41:30-something. And I don't ever use a guide.

Anywhoo, I think that playing all except bowling is quite easy sitting down. Boxing, tennis, golf, etc. are all easy to play sitting, but it's quite difficult to get that perfect bowl unless you're standing up.
I'm 40 hours in and I'm barely halfway done.

If you did it in 41:30, you quite simply didn't take the time to explore and find all the items, hearts, bugs, poe souls, hidden areas, cave of ordeals, etc. I'm enjoying the game, taking my time, and trying to see everything it has to offer.

Yeah, 40 hours will get you to the end without a guide. But collecting everything without looking up anything should clock you in at around 70 to 80.

kumquat said:
I hope he's not on crutches because of a Wii injury ;)

nope... broke his femur like 7 months ago in a dirtbike crash. His girlfriend recently just about killed herself crashing their ATV as well. Wii is much safer in comparison. They both need new hobbies. I hope someone gets him a Wii for christmas. :D

Most of the games so far have played fine sitting down. Rayman has a few mini games that work better standing up as do some of the wii sports. Zelda is fine sitting down as are the racing games.

Personally i think the games that are played stood up in real life should be played on thewii stood up, if not i feel it destroys the whole purpose of the wiimote.

Back