Is the V2400W right for me?

ive been looking for a new monitor since july and ive think ive convinced myself that the V2400W is a good buy. (for me at least)

originally, i had read a lot about all the panels and what not and got really turned off about TN's.
i was waiting for the doublesight 26" to come out to see what they had to offer, but it doesnt look like its getting great reviews.
i was also looking at the planer... but they are both more than i want to spend.

but lately i was thinking, do i really need a non-tn?
honestly, i have a TN right now, and would have never known the difference if i didn't research about it.

i want a 24"-26" monitor (must be 1920x1200)
1:1 pixel mapping
little to zero input lag.
fast response time.
good vertical viewing angle and/or ability to tilt downward to compensate color shift. (i tend to lean on my desk a lot and the color shift of my current TN gets annoying)
~$500, more if its worth it, less is better.

i will be gaming; almost exclusively FPS's
i use photoshop on a weekly basis, nothing professional however.

will the V2400W fulfill my needs? any other monitors?
i can get the V2400W for $395.10 on the benq website, which seems like a good buy to me.

thoughts? :)

edit: forgot to add this: i currently have a Samsung SyncMaster 206BW.
im completely satisfied with the response time and input lag of my current monitor.
i want my new monitor to be at least as quick if not better, with that in mind is the v2400w still a good choice?

I just got it. Love it so far. Small amount of blacklight bleed at the bottom right, nothing bad though.

I just want to say that I was in the same boat as you. I was waiting for the Doublesight, then decided to look at the Planar because of the delay and minor reviews. I finally determined that since I play mostly FPSer's (and that I could get approximately two 24" for the price of a planar with a little extra dough) along with documents, programs, and internet stuff, the BenQ V2400W was the right choice for me. And honestly, the viewing angles are not that bad and it does get pretty good reviews.

The thing is for me is that I don't plan to watch movies, play my PS3 or Xbox on this panel, so I figured it was the right price for the function (Plus I like the slimness and the stand).

I ordered my BenQ V2400W on Wednesday from the BenQ website using the "thankyou10" discount code.

i just got my gf two v2400ws and she couldnt be happier. They are perfect.

img0032qo0.jpg

V2400W is free shipping now on BenQ, with the promo code it could not be a better time to order this model. I have owned one for more than 3 mths and I could not be happier when thinking about the price I paid and the value I got.

V2400W is free shipping now on BenQ, with the promo code it could not be a better time to order this model. I have owned one for more than 3 mths and I could not be happier when thinking about the price I paid and the value I got.
thats actually why i posted this.
i think now is a good time to pounce on the lower price.
it comes to a total of $395.10 after the "thankyou10" code - not bad at all

thanks for everyone's replies. i think I'm gonna go for it.

my only concern is purchasing it online... Ive never purchased a monitor online.
how is the benq store on dead pixels and returns and stuff?

i cannot find anything specific only this:
"Products that arrived defective or have become defective within 30 days of shipment may be exchanged for a replacement product."

ive never had problems with dead/stuck pixels before, although Ive only been through 3 LCD monitors.
should i be worried?

will it be an overall "step-up" from my current monitor?
(Samsung SyncMaster 206BW)

and i read somewhere that i does NOT come with a DVI-D cable.
is this true? do i need to pick one up separately?

the service should be the last thing you need to worry when you buy from BenQ store(at least compare to many other online retailers I have been dealing with such as buy.com)..that's how I felt. Since you are dealing with the manufacturer directly and they care more then resellers since this is their own brand. Many people here seem to have very good experience buying from BenQ directly, and I am one of them. The store number I have contacted before is 949-255-9481.
No, they don't have a dvi cable included in the box. You need to buy or not depends on what are you going to do with your monitor and it is very cheap, too.

the service should be the last thing you need to worry when you buy from BenQ store(at least compare to many other online retailers I have been dealing with such as buy.com)..that's how I felt. Since you are dealing with the manufacturer directly and they care more then resellers since this is their own brand. Many people here seem to have very good experience buying from BenQ directly, and I am one of them. The store number I have contacted before is 949-255-9481.
No, they don't have a dvi cable included in the box. You need to buy or not depends on what are you going to do with your monitor and it is very cheap, too.
thanks for info :)

looks like ill have to pick up a DVI cable as well.
i dont get why they would not include it, other than keeping the price, what, ~$10 cheaper?
no worries tho

this will work fine, right?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189047

ill place my order some time tonight.

thanks for everyones help :cool:

What's the warranty for Benq monitors? Like, how many years do we get to send it in if something breaks.

I just got my V2400W from the online store and love the heck out of it. I went from a 5-6 year old CRT that was on its last legs and the V2400W is a massive step up for me. I have never seen a MVA/PVA/IPS in person so I cant compare it to these.

BenQ's online store has a better return policy than if you bought a BenQ from Newegg. Free shipping and 10% off. WOOP!

I bought a DVI cable and to tell you the truth I cant tell a difference between it and the VGA signal. Plus, I suffered a few moments of grief when I disconnected the VGA, hooked up the DVI and got a "No signal found" error. Apparently if you boot the OS with the DVI hooked up, it works just fine. I dont know if this is normal behavior or not. My card has a single DVI output - do monitors know when the OS is booting these days?

Anyways, the monitor is awesome. Nice color right out of the box, decent adjustability, and sleek frame.

TN is a panel type and today's mainstream due to its relatively low cost and faster response time among other types of panels (IPS/VA/MVA/PVA etc) The major limitations of TN are poorer color reporoduction and viewing angle. Due to it's faster response time TN is viewed as gamer's panel. Thanks to the improvement of TN technology, today's TN is actually getting better at it's weakness. Here is a stickied thread which might help you understand panel type and technology better.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1039222

well my benq arrived. (fast shipping!)

i absolutely love it. it dwarfs my old 20"
and its viewing angles blow my old monitor out of the water.

the newer TN's destroy old TN tech.. thats for sure

thanks for everyones help!
i couldn't be happier with it :D

Yeah, newer TN panels uses Hi-FRC to reproduce colors as opposed to older TN panel's "blended mesh" type of dithering. I think these panels have been around for the past 3 years.

Hi-FRC = High Frame Rate Control. This type of dithering method make pixels flash rapidly between two colors it they can produce to create a color (shade of color) the pixel cannot produce when it's constantly "lit". For example, suppose pixels in TN panels cannot create purple, what happens is that the pixels will quickly flash between blue and red to create the illusion of solid purple.

The upside regarding this method of dithering is that it will probably create less image artifacts and have better colors reproduction compared to the older dithering method.

The one downside of this technology is that it can cause headaches in (apparently) a very tiny percentage of people who may be photosensitive. This is related to medical reports back in the mid/late nineties where kids had epileptic seizures when they were playing games with lots of flashing graphics.

That's why most/all game manuals have a warning about PHOTOSENSITIVE SEIZURES.

Back