Is the ThermalTake Silent PurePower 560w any good?

rsnellma

Gawd
Anybody have or had experience with a Thermaltake Silent PurePower 560w (Model: W0023)? NewEgg has it for $99.00 + Shipping. I am impressed by the +12v amps rating. I just bought a Fortron FSP-530 but I am concerned about the low +12v amps on it. I don't plan to overclock or anything but I do want to be able to upgrade my components for a while with this. Also, I will need another PSU here in the near future for another machine I am building. I will have a total of 6 PCs when it is all said and done. WooHoo. Just call me a freak, but I can't stop building I just love it love it love it. LOL. Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

Why upgrade when you already have a more than sufficiant power supply, that in reality probably is capable of out-juicing the thermaltake anyway? Not saying its a bad PSU, but it seems like a waste

rsnellma said:
Anybody have or had experience with a Thermaltake Silent PurePower 560w (Model: W0023)? NewEgg has it for $99.00 + Shipping. I am impressed by the +12v amps rating. I just bought a Fortron FSP-530 but I am concerned about the low +12v amps on it. I don't plan to overclock or anything but I do want to be able to upgrade my components for a while with this. Also, I will need another PSU here in the near future for another machine I am building. I will have a total of 6 PCs when it is all said and done. WooHoo. Just call me a freak, but I can't stop building I just love it love it love it. LOL. Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

that fortron is MUCH Better than the thermaltake, and on some spec sheets, it has 26amps on the 12v line. Fortron also underrates vastly, Ice Czar can confirm that. Other than the pc power and cooling 510 deluxe, which is $220, the Fortron is the best normal psu that your money can buy. Ask around, most will agree.

Stick with the Fortron.. it's like selling your new ferrari and buying a brand new BMW

~Adam

the Tt units are nice, but not as nice as the Forton.

don't worry about the 12v rail, it's got PLENTY of juice.

Back