Is the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme not suppost to sit any tighter?

I should start testing some FSB overclocks without touching voltages and leaving those at auto for now?

Eee, no. Take the CPu voltage off auto and set it to 1.375v (that sounds about right, doesn't it guys?) and, also, set your memory divider so it's linked tot he CPU's FSB frequency in a 1:1 ratio.

Last night I set my E6600 to run at 400x8 and things were really stable on my P5K Deluxe. I am also running my G.Skill 2x2GB ram at 800Mhz for a 1:1 ratio with the cpu fsb.

Temps are better since I turned the Scythe CPU fan around to face the Ultra-120 heatsink (duuh!) but I am still in the high 50s celsius under Orthos load. At this point I am pretty happy with my 3.2Ghz clock out of the E6600 but am still wondering if I should leave my voltages all set to auto or hard code those??

Take it off auto, because the motherboard may be overvolting your CPU which may be the reason for the high temperatures. You might want to try reseating your heatsink, too.

I understand the part about the CPU FSB and the memory being linked at 1:1 for best performance, therefore I am running my DDR800 ram at 800MHz and also running my E660 processor at a 400 fsb.

So far though I have been unable to get my system to even post when I set the cpu to 400x9. I am able to do 400x8 all day long with everything else set to AUTO even.

It may well be your processor holding you back; it might not be able to clock that high. What have you set you CPU voltage to?

Back