is the samsung s27a950 being discontinued?

eddie500

Gawd
Newegg site has it soldout and says it may be discontinued. I see few other places selling the monitor.

The monitor howerver shows on the samsung website.

Does anyone know the deal with this monitor, is it being discontinued?

I was thinking about going with a three monitor setup when the next line of Nvidia cards are released. I currently own a s27a950 and this monitor can not be beat for the 120hz, colors, glossy screen. If it may or is being discontinued then I would purchase the two monitors now.

I do not think there is any other 27" or larger 120hz glossy monitors that compare or are going to be released soon?

Newegg will show a product as discontinued if it out of stock and not stock in the near future.

If major retailers are dropping their inventory (newegg, amazon, etc) - it's likely discontinued.

In this particular case - my guess is it's partially due to high return rate (nearly all the s27a950d have significantly light bleed on the bottom right). Same happened for the Samsung 305T/Plus (extremely high failure rate).

Whether or not there is a replacement is yet to be seen, but seeing the surge in display advancement over the past couple years, I would bet on it.

three4seven: yes I agree with you, I think it is being discontinued also.
I own the monitor and I must admit, it is a great monitor but even mine had issues. I never returned it but if I look closely at the screen I can see a faint blackness in the background that moves from the top of the monitor to the bottom. Just not worth it for me to be bothered with returns.

However, there are simply no other 120hz glossy monitors out there. The refresh rate is great on these monitors.

To me it seems like no company is steping up with the 3d 27" or higher monitors, and if they do it is good chance they will not make it glossy because of all the people who complain about glossy monitors even though they are far superior if you just darken the room.

After having 10+ versions of this monitor in all size ranges I can confidently say they are no longer made due to a high return rate. Their electronics had many issues, losing signal, randomly turning off etc.

Back