Is the RTX 2080 Ti a "grass greener on the other side" type scenario? Or are you enjoying it?

ShuttleLuv

Supreme [H]ardness
Heard about all the issues with some folks, not saying every single card has these issues...but is this a grass is greener on the other side type thing? Do you miss your 1080ti?

Absolutely satisfied with my decision to get one. At 4k it's the only single card that can actually push tolerable frame rates for me. I had a 1080ti and it just wasn't quite enough.

54ºC at full load w/ fans at 100% (Zotac Amp), GPU hits 2205MHz, GDDR6 at 16GHz, I don't have any issues, this card is a monster.

3440x1440p all games maxed out details and filters at 100fps, just a few bellow this rate (80-90fps min).

54ºC at full load w/ fans at 100% (Zotac Amp), GPU hits 2205MHz, GDDR6 at 16GHz, I don't have any issues, this card is a monster.

3440x1440p all games maxed out details and filters at 100fps, just a few bellow this rate (80-90fps min).
How about Hunt Showdown. That’s the most demanding game I’ve played. At 3440x1440 and max settings it averages around 60FPS but can drop into the 40s with my 1080ti. (Crytek engine)

As far as I'm concerned, it's the only current 4K solution. I haven't had any problems, but who knows what the future holds.

I commented on SSD's rarely failing and immediately lost one in my Mac.

Pretty much the same as everyone else. Problems aside, once I acquired working ones, it's been great.

How about Hunt Showdown. That’s the most demanding game I’ve played. At 3440x1440 and max settings it averages around 60FPS but can drop into the 40s with my 1080ti. (Crytek engine)

I don't have this game.

Before the RTX 2080Ti I had a 1080Ti Lighting Z, with both overclocked in the same machine I've got 45% fps increase in synthetic benchmark like Time Spy and Time Spy Extreme.

100% fans? My ears would bleed out! LOL. Get that card on water!

Totally worth it - seeing frames locked at 60, no dips with all settings cranked in 4K - totally worth it. Exactly what I’ve been waiting for.
No problems here, other than crappy eVGA software. FTW3 is a freakin BEAST.

I always run high quality beastly PSUs and I don’t buy FE cards, ever. Sounds like that was a good decision again this time.

I don't have this game.

Before the RTX 2080Ti I had a 1080Ti Lighting Z, with both overclocked in the same machine I've got 45% fps increase in synthetic benchmark like Time Spy and Time Spy Extreme.

How about the difference in real gaming?

I went from GTX 1080 SLI to RTX 2080 Ti NVLink and performance increased probably at least 50% or maybe more (in games).

With technology, you never look back. Why would I miss my 1080 Ti? I got out while the pricing was good and now I'm set at least until the Lightning 2080 Ti releases.

I was going to use my 1080 Ti in a secondary box and I even upgraded there, too (2080). I believe in DLSS and the eventual other next-gen features...plus with selling your old hardware it's not an expensive jump.

I'm also one of the lucky ones(?) that has a 2080 Ti and 2080 (both FE) working just great for weeks.

Do you miss your 1080Ti? Unless they are having really bad issues with their 2080Ti, who is going to say yes to this question? Even if they weren't happy they wouldn't say so.

In games like fc5 and vermintide 2, i am trying to hold a 120 fps min to go with ulmb. Even at 1440p all cranked, there is a fps difference bw my 1080ti and 2080ti but for the gain, will admit it is not worth the cost. If you are tight on cash, get a 1080ti or even better a used one to get better cost per fps.

Far Cry 5 is CPU limited for the most part. I've only been able to get in the 120 fps range (running 1080p ultrawide and 2080 Ti SLI, so GPU should not be an issue).

The price sucked and it felt crappy giving my money to Nvidia knowing was giving us the shaft since there's no high end competition right now. I mean what other option is there if you want more performance than a 1080 Ti/Titan X gives you?

Price aside... I'm loving my Founders Edition 2080 Ti. I play at 2560 x 1440 and I'm finally getting the framerate I want at the settings I want. It's fucking awesome.

I haven't had any issues whatsoever with my GPU at this point.

Based on my experiences with the FE 2080 Ti so far, I'd still be a day one purchaser if given the choice again.

I went from a 1080 to a 2080 (essentially a 1080Ti with less ram that cost more). And was not impressed. However I then jumped to 2080 Ti and I am happy with the performance gain. The price on the other hand is a bit to steep for most. But I have no regrets.

TBH, if you are in a position where the price is an obstacle, then you don't need this card. There are a ton of cards at price points that make sense for the amount you are willing AND able to spend. From those that have bought it, we are letting others know the price performance sucks.

I am happy with my Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition...

I had some BSOD issues with the drivers that were available when I got it a few weeks ago. I haven't had any issues in a while now and everything seems OK after the last couple of driver updates.

The card actually runs quieter while gaming than my old Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980 OC.... And produces way way way better frame rates at 1440p ultra wide (3440x1440) with all the eye candy turned on. I am very happy.

I am interested in RTX and I will be happy to see what it looks like, but based on what I hear, it will be very game dependent whether it is appropriate or not based on the performance penalty. Having said that, with most games running > 100 FPS a lot of the time with dips to 80s, there is some headroom there if running at the full 100 hz refresh rate isn't needed for the game (ie: not a multiplayer twitch shooter like Battlefield V).

If I was upgrading from a 1080 Ti.... Not so much. Going from a GTX 980 to the 2080 Ti... I'm VERY happy with my purchase. All the marketing is about this being the perfect 4k card, but at this point I am happy I went with a 1440p ultrawide display instead... I like playing with ALL the eye candy. :)

I am happy with my Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition...

I had some BSOD issues with the drivers that were available when I got it a few weeks ago. I haven't had any issues in a while now and everything seems OK after the last couple of driver updates.

The card actually runs quieter while gaming than my old Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980 OC.... And produces way way way better frame rates at 1440p ultra wide (3440x1440) with all the eye candy turned on. I am very happy.

I am interested in RTX and I will be happy to see what it looks like, but based on what I hear, it will be very game dependent whether it is appropriate or not based on the performance penalty. Having said that, with most games running > 100 FPS a lot of the time with dips to 80s, there is some headroom there if running at the full 100 hz refresh rate isn't needed for the game (ie: not a multiplayer twitch shooter like Battlefield V).

If I was upgrading from a 1080 Ti.... Not so much. Going from a GTX 980 to the 2080 Ti... I'm VERY happy with my purchase. All the marketing is about this being the perfect 4k card, but at this point I am happy I went with a 1440p ultrawide display instead... I like playing with ALL the eye candy. :)

RTX is going to be a disappointment. Its an early adopter fee. 2080 ti is pusing barely 60fps in battlefield at 1080p with RTX on medium, high and ultra. At low its still 40+% performance hit. forget about 1440p or 4k.

Good thing most of us didn’t buy our 2080 TIs for RT then, right?

I've been enjoying mine for the most part. They generally run awesome, a noticeable improvement over my Titan Xps in every single game I've tried, even the ones where the Titans are in SLI and the 2080Tis are not. Running the 2080Tis with watercooling but on all stock settings for now.

There _does_ seem to be a bit of a driver/firmware issue in there somewhere. I see UE4 games like PUBG run well for 90-120min and then suddenly become stuttery for 5-10min and then finally crashing. Reloading the game seems to resolve it. Similarly, when doing IRay renders, sometimes the render engine will crash right at the start and the application will require a restart.

Aside from that though, they've been an impressive jump up from the Titan Xps.

As far as RT goes it's simple... It's new tech with new drivers... Things will improve with new drivers and as Devs learn how to better implement RT into games... I don't for-see miracles but marginal improvement over the course of maturing drivers... I''d be curious to see info on 9xx and 1xxx series GPU benchmarks at Launch vs Now to see what level of improvement had be achieved in the past... Sounds like decent idea for an article...

When my card worked, I enjoyed every second and thought it was worth the high price. Now that it's dead and am going through an rma with asus I'm not so sure. Using my old 980 is getting old at 1440p quick though lol.

I love my 2080 Ti. I'm glad I got it. I'm not happy about the cost though. Every game I have runs in 4k@60fps with high to ultra detail which is what I wanted. I put mine under water cooling so it stays quiet & cool even under Furmark. I loved my 1080 Ti too when I had it but this just gives you that extra power needed to run games in 4k without toning down too much detail, shadows etc. My advice is if you're patient then wait for the next series to launch before upgrading. If you're not patient the 1080Ti is a good alternative at half the cost, but if you want the very best then get one. You'll hate spending the money but love the performance in 4k.

I would be scared to own a 2080ti right about now being a 2080 owner I'm not as worried.

I'm loving my Strix 2080. I had a blower 1080 ti that I converted to a aio cooler via a g12. I'm able to play with everything maxed on my 2k monitor vs a few things turned down on my 1080ti. Since returning my 2080ti this has just taught me to not buy reference cards if possible. If I need more for cyberpunk 2077 if it has nice rtx implementation I will see what's better a second 2080 Strix or a 2080ti Strix.

After an impulse bought 2080Ti Black I had a couple moments of FTFO :eek: . I got over it and closed my rig up and have been loving it ever since. It really shames my 1080Ti Founders and it's been largely stable, any issues I had disappeared with the latest driver release.

It was easier for me to swallow a penny under a grand from EVGA than 1200 bucks from Nvidia or 1400+ AIB FE releases. Maybe.... Just maybe, the one I got won't manifest space invaders, light on fire, crash my PC or outright just die one day.... Maybe. Until then I will enjoy it and report back when it shits the bed ;). I kind of expect it to die in spectacular fashion but that's what being a [H]ardware enthusiast is all about no?

Certain nothing was coming this year, I upgraded to a 1080 Ti in July. With the 2080 Ti becoming available in late September, I was able to jump on the EVGA step-up with a couple of weeks remaining in my step-up period, and of course I only had to pay the difference. I also ordered an EK water block at the same time so I wouldn't be worried about a shortage of those. The 2080 Ti they are offering as a step-up is great. I am able to get a nice overclock on the core and memory and it blows away the 1080 Ti on my ultrawide 120Hz monitor. No regrets!

I went from a normal 1080 to mine and I'm 100% happy with it. I've had no issues at all, and it provides me the mythical 4K/60/Max that I was hoping for. That's basically where I'm capped since I'm on a TV.
Obviously I had had one of the cards with issues I'd have different feelings, but I couldn't be happier with mine.

Back