Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Blade Dancer
Powerstone Collection
Metal Slug Collection
Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
Killzone Liberation
GTA: VCS
Silent Hill: Origins

Don't forget the introduction of Sony's Official PS1 Emulator, GPS and Camera add-ons.

The PSP is far from being a waste.

Oh excuse me I said GOOD games. Lol. I own a PSP and not a DS so I wasn't trying to bash the PSP.

i actually feel comparing ds to psp is like comparing apples to oranges... the type of games are different and psp was designed for multimedia use...they appear to target different crowds as well... getting them both wouldnt be a bad idea since they are so different in terms of what they have to offer...

but ultimately...

DS has great games, hours of entertainment...
PSP has ability to play videos/games... also hours of entertainment....

in comparing the 2, they are both good investments... provided that you know what you are getting into, best to look into the games available to help you make your decision...

regarding gaming: DS has classics, PSP has a lot of games ported off the ps2 system, and a few of their own... but please note, the PSP is NOT equivalent to the PS2, Xbox360, Xbox, etc since it is portable... however, despite is mobility, it still has some amazing games to offer with very strong graphical presentations and game play...

when it comes to the others... some may say that if you want something to watch video on, get an ipod video... well... i cant imagine too many guys walking around with an ipod AND a DS... i.e. where the PSP comes in... provides gaming and video/movie entertainment on the same system... the movie quality is also pretty good...and with a decent sized mem stick, you have a decent number of options available

neither are superior over the other... they are both good systems... its just how you plan to use it...

WOW I swear if I hear another Nintidiot say the psp sucks I'm just gonna stop using my PSP to do things like:
1. streaming hq movies and music to my psp from anywhere in the house(PiMPStreamer)
2. checking my e-mail/surfing the web(fired up brpwser)
3. controlling my computer from anywhere in the world!!!(PVNC) yeah its a huge bummer?
4. having a remote for every TV VCR DVD STEREO PDA CELLPHONE ETC.(PSP iR remote)
5. oh yeah, and playing some of the best games available for a handheld and certainly the best looking..
6. listening to internet radio(PSP-RADIO)
7. almost forgot about all the other emulators that work perfectly( NES SNES Genesis Comadore64 LAME MAME (Fucking super expensive TI graphing calculators!!!!) anyway there are too manny to list here.
8. the other thousands of programs i havnt even gotten around to looking for yet.. ]

the deal is you want a 1.5 psp or a 2.0 psp that can be flashed to 1.5 and you will be a very happy man.. Fuck the games!!! its not about the games its about having a 333mhz dual proccessor handheld computer and the will to use it to its full potential.

I have a nintendo DS too and yes it has not 1 but 2 screens and a stylus that is useless..

These comments are basically directed to the person who said that all the games look sucky but MGAcid.. i hate to tell you that actually most of the games are great but MG acid sucks asshole and if you knew shit about what you where talking about youd have a PSP...

Plus the homebrew scene might produce an even bigger explosion if that modchip turns out to be the real deal.

BallerX said:
WOW I swear if I hear another Nintidiot say the psp sucks I'm just gonna stop using my PSP to do things like:

I have a nintendo DS too and yes it has not 1 but 2 screens and a stylus that is useless..

wow... thats... my god...

BallerX said:
1. streaming hq movies and music to my psp from anywhere in the house(PiMPStreamer)
3. controlling my computer from anywhere in the world!!!(PVNC) yeah its a huge bummer?
4. having a remote for every TV VCR DVD STEREO PDA CELLPHONE ETC.(PSP iR remote)
5. oh yeah, and playing some of the best games available for a handheld and certainly the best looking..
7. almost forgot about all the other emulators that work perfectly( NES SNES Genesis Comadore64 LAME MAME (Fucking super expensive TI graphing calculators!!!!) anyway there are too manny to list here.
8. the other thousands of programs i havnt even gotten around to looking for yet.. ]

the deal is you want a 1.5 psp or a 2.0 psp that can be flashed to 1.5 and you will be a very happy man.. Fuck the games!!! its not about the games its about having a 333mhz dual proccessor handheld computer and the will to use it to its full potential.

These comments are basically directed to the person who said that all the games look sucky but MGAcid.. i hate to tell you that actually most of the games are great but MG acid sucks asshole and if you knew shit about what you where talking about youd have a PSP...

Can someone, please not let the 12 year olds in here...

BallerX said:

and it still sucks. Thanks..

Why is there so much PSP bashing, I bet half of the people here who are bashing the PSP don't even own one. The OP simply asked if PSP was worth a purchse, he didn't ask anything about the DS.

I swear, on every forum whenever someone asks about PSP, bunch of Nintendo dick riders come in a say "PSP sux!!111 DS rules!!!11". I never see PSP owners bash the DS for no damn reason...insecure DS owners, dont need to bash other systems to make yourself feel better.

I think the PSP is a pretty good system. I love watching Futurama and Simpsons on it and playing games on it during lectures in college. I don't get why so many people bash its gaming capabilities, I think there's enough good games on there to keep anyone busy. The multimedia and homebrew are big pluses, and with 1GB and 2GB memory sticks becoming cheaper and cheaper, I don't see a reason why not to get one.

aznpxdd said:
Why is there so much PSP bashing,

Cause its still a rip off. You need at least $300 for the system and one game.
When they REALLY drop the price, you might not see so much bashing. Then again its Sony, they always find a way to piss off their customers.

aznpxdd said:
Why is there so much PSP bashing, I bet half of the people here who are bashing the PSP don't even own one. The OP simply asked if PSP was worth a purchse, he didn't ask anything about the DS.

I swear, on every forum whenever someone asks about PSP, bunch of Nintendo dick riders come in a say "PSP sux!!111 DS rules!!!11". I never see PSP owners bash the DS for no damn reason...insecure DS owners, dont need to bash other systems to make yourself feel better.

I think the PSP is a pretty good system. I love watching Futurama and Simpsons on it and playing games on it during lectures in college. I don't get why so many people bash its gaming capabilities, I think there's enough good games on there to keep anyone busy. The multimedia and homebrew are big pluses, and with 1GB and 2GB memory sticks becoming cheaper and cheaper, I don't see a reason why not to get one.
Two of my buddies do and they both don't have a use for it. One wants to get a memory stick and mod it but he said there are not really any good games for it either. That was enough for me. The screen on it's pretty damn nice but the low battery life, lack of quality games and the overpriced UMD movies turned me off. I have a GBA SP with a Play-Yan and it's cool for music and movie watching, plus it's smaller and the clamshell design protects it better. I may get a DS Lite in time and throw the play-yan on that. For a general gaming fun factor, there are much better games to me on the DS/SP than on PSP.

I have both a PSP and a DS (US Lite version) and I enjoy them both. Right now the DS sees more play since it is newer to me and I enjoy the games I have for it. I haven't bought a new game for the PSP lately because nothings tickled my fancy but it DOES have great games. One of the frustrating things for me with the PSP is that mine is now running software v2.6 and I can't easily run homebrew software or emulation. That said, the PSP has built in features that are awesome (web browser, movies, etc)

As others have said - they are quite different systems. I would either a) get which ever system has the games you will enjoy or b) buy both if you can afford it.

*sigh* This thread is a pointless flamebait waste. Do not EVER ask for advice on which competing console to buy, because you will not get helpful advice, you'll get a bunch of people bickering about which is better and reaching no conclusions. Take a look at what both possibilities offer, then make a choice based on what you want. The end.

Back