Is the nano-ITX board available for purchase yet? The SMP one is.

Some people on ebay were selling ones that they imported in from japan as the nano is out there. Don't know of any shops state side that sell them yet.

Check the sticky, I put a list of stores there (though I know for a fact that logic-supply has them).

JediFonger said:

There is no nano-itx dual processor model. There is however a dual processor mini-itx which is probably what you are thinking of. The nano-itx is quite a bit smaller then the mini-itx.

got this email a few days ago
thought i'd like to share

Greetings!

We now have a confirmed arrival date for our first shipment of Nano-ITX motherboards.

EPIA N10000

Initial stock will be very limited - but as a mailing list member you have the chance to jump the queue! Here's a direct link to our Nano-ITX and compatible memory page:

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=26#m

We will make this link live on the store on Saturday 25th February. Orders will be ready to ship on or around 1st March 2006. Please note we do require a confirmed PayPal email address if you intend to purchase using this method.

Kind Regards,
Mini-ITX.com

Advert: If you are interested in helping write articles or news items with us, or have any other ideas for the website, please let us know here. We're open to ideas! Please do not reply directly to this email without changing the subject title.

so anyways, the link is this to preorder
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=26#m

JediFonger said:
it's so small. carputer anyone?
It would make a decent carputer, but at that price, I don't think it's worth it. Mini-ITX is only a bit bigger and space isn't that much of a concern when you have this thing in the trunk of your car. Though, if you have the money to spend, I guess it is a viable option...

Dual-Processor VIAs is an oxymoron. Any Pentium based system would kill that, especially for that price.

Same size as the dual Via? Easy, there are mini-ITX boards out there for Pentium/Celeron-M right now with Core Duo boards due shortly. They're actually cheaper, although once the CPU is added they come out the same/more expensive. And if you need SMP, there are even mini-ITX boards for Pentium-D chips.

Same size as Nano-ITX? Well, there are 3.5" Embedded/ECX boards that are 100mmx140mm which is pretty close to the 120mmx120mm of Nano-ITX. Again, similar in price.

The Via boards do have better power figures, but with a trade-off of lower performance. The single CPU mini-ITX Via boards also have a significant cost advantage, most of the Pentium/Celeron-M mini-ITX boards are in the $250+ range without CPU.

Back