Is the iPod supposed to lose it's battery power when turned off?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Ok. If I put my iPod to sleep, it'll run out of juice in a day or two. Is this normal? I used it for maybe 2 hrs, and then put it to sleep. Haven't used it since. Now, it's totally dry. Should I make a trip to the Apple store to get this thing fixed?

Mine tends to do this, but not very much at all. If I let it sit over a week or so, it may lose one bar...this will ALWAYS happen if your iPod sits in cold weather. Coldness = dead iPod battery. If it's a new iPod, I'd call Apple if it's drastic depletion w/o being in the cold.

Standby on an iPod consumes a small amount of power does it not? If it does, because the iPod has such a low capacity battery to begin with, that could be causing this. I know others with iPods that have the same thing happen to them.

make sure it has a full charge first...what should happen is after about 36 hours of going to sleep it will go into deep sleep but yeah...you should be able to sleep it for a week with out a problem unless it is cold (like leaving in your car outside overnight with low temps cold) then it will drain very quick as any semi liquid battery will

It was toted around, sometimes in the cold, so that is a possibility... I'll try again.

Back