Is the HP Envy 15 the best choice for me?

Kuyt

Gawd
I'm in college right now and I'm still stuck on my old, shitty Gateway laptop. I need something I can game and work on (15 inches is as high as I will go), but something that doesn't get too hot or too loud (these two factors are the only thing that's preventing me from pulling the trigger on the Envy). Are the noise and heat levels really that bad on it?

Could definitely use some suggestions.

I've heard mixed reviews on the envy regarding heat. not too loud though.

Another laptop to consider would be the Asus G73. It's made for gaming first and it's very cool and quiet running as well. sadly it's screen is a bit bigger then 15"... still worth a look if you're not really dead set on 15" max.

Also no mention on the most important factor... price ;)

The i5 Envy 15s are neither hot, nor are they noisy. In fact they are remarkably cool and quiet...

The Asus G73 is a whopping 8.5 lbs making it hardly a portable choice. The Envy 15 is only 5.2 lbs.

2nd gen envy15's sovled problem of 1st gen envy 15 which was heat and noise i think 2nd gen envy 15 will fit your needs

if not envy 15 you can also have a look @ envy 14 but i have no idea how much of graphic power envy14 have

I have both the Envy 15 and 14 (in sig).

I can say from experience that with both using the i5 580m, the Envy 15 is way more cooler during non-gaming environments. Overall they are also both very quiet (again this is i5 and not i7)

The envy 15 is also very portable compared to other game capable 15 laptops.

The Asus G73 is a whopping 8.5 lbs making it hardly a portable choice. The Envy 15 is only 5.2 lbs.

while i agree, having hte g73, it feels lighter in the hand than my hp tm2t tablet despite being twice the weight. i assume its cause the weight is spread out. the g73 actually doesn't feel all that heavy just holding it.

I have the Envy 14, and it stays cool and I haven't had any issues with noise. It's well put together and I've been very happy with it so far.

The envy 15 2gen with an I5 runs cool. My freind loves his with the 1080p screen

Guess I'll just buy the Envy then. Anyone know where I can purchase this thing? Its no longer on the HP site for some reason :(

Guess I'll just buy the Envy then. Anyone know where I can purchase this thing? Its no longer on the HP site for some reason :(

15 is no longer made. However you can get it refurbished with HP or one of the vendors on Amazon.

I was in the same dilemma as you. I'm in college as well and was really close as buying a Envy but I ended up going with the Macbook Pro 15" and I just bought it a week ago. The gaming on it is pretty damn good, amazing design, great performance in OSX and Windows 7, battery life, and I just love it. I know it was more pricey but when it comes to customer service, build quality, and performance... the premium price was worth it... and this was my first Mac purchase ever too.

I wanted something reliable for school... and I don't want to worry about the computer when something happens to it. I want to know that if something happens, it'll get taken care of. The Mac for school and for my needs in general was the best choice I could make.... although I was very close to buying the HP Envy.

Back