is the dfi rs482 the only board with integrated dvi?

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
as title asks. i'm looking for a s939 matx board with integrated dvi, are there any that have it other than the dfi board?

The new Foxconn 6150K8MD does have integrated DVI along with the MSI K8Nthingy majig thing with 6150/430 combo

The MSI and Asus 6150 boards also have DVI. I've built systems with both of them as well as the DFI RS482. All seem to work good, got best overclocking with the DFI.

how is the oc'ing on the other boards? can they get within sight of 300fsb? 280? (edit: i just remembered the asus is capped at 240 :() additional info would be welcomed :) i'll go look up the specs myself.

i knew the dfi would be the best oc'er, but it doesn't have sata2 and has that psu issue, so if theres another board that comes close and has better features, i may get that instead :p

thanks.

*edit* where is the new foxconn board for sale? newegg doesnt have it :(

Foxconn 6150K8MD would prob be best bet for SATAII, good overclocking (generally around 270+) and feature sets.

The MSI doesn't have VCore adjustment so will cap ocing. The DFI does have issues with PSUs unfortunately as it looks like an ace ocing board

Firelord said:
Foxconn 6150K8MD would prob be best bet for SATAII, good overclocking (generally around 270+) and feature sets.

The MSI doesn't have VCore adjustment so will cap ocing. The DFI does have issues with PSUs unfortunately as it looks like an ace ocing board
heh, i just remembered about msi's lack of voltage adjustments too, so that's not an option. the foxconn generally gets 270+? thats plenty enough for me, i'm gonna be using it w/ a x2 3800+ after the price drop. thanks for the help :)

last thing: anyone know where they're for sale? at the moment, im just hoping that they'll show up at newegg by the end of the month :p

Monarch has it for $95
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...e=M&Product_Code=110689&AFFIL=pricewatch&NR=1

I got this board a few weeks ago to swap with my tforce. So on my last s939 build I found the best s939 board I have ever used. stable, oc's as good as my ultra-d, no issues, runs great with mce2005. I have had it running 24/7 for about 3 weeks (as a pvr/multi media box) in a qpack and it hasnt even crashed to desktop once. It is running an opty144 @ 312x9. When I bought it from newegg a few weeks ago, it was only up on their site for a few hours. Either DFI ships very few, or they sell very quickly.

Why not the DFI? Burned by them in the past?

The Jetway is also worth a looksee.

sleepeeg3 said:
Why not the DFI? Burned by them in the past?

The Jetway is also worth a looksee.
the dfi lacks sata2 ports; might not seem that bad for now, but i plan on keeping this computer for a pretty dam long time, only upgrading either hard drives or video card (maybe ram too, but i already have 2gb), so yeah the sata2 might make a difference in a year or two, and i'd rather not need to buy a controller :p

jetway uses the 6100.. hm. is there a comparison as to how well the 6100 vs the 6150 performs? im planning on using the integrated video for a while before i buy a card, probably until dx10 / vista at least (im currently on a fx5600, so its still a upgrade i think)

I have this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157085 until I can get the eVGA SLI board in the next week or so, and the onboard was much faster than my AGP eVGA 5500 256Mb. I have an eVGA 7600GT KO now, and the upgrade is incredibly noticable. I would just go to the link in the [H]ot deals section and get the PNY 7600GT that is on sale for $110 with free shipping, then get whatever mobo you think is best.

i'd rather not spend more money on another video card until dx10/vista stuff r out. i know it'll be a big jump, but even this is already a upgrade so it'll hold me over for a while.

SJetski71 said:
Jetway's socket 754 version even has DVI, first i've ever seen.
I just built a machine for my niece with that Jetway 754 board. It's got all the normal OCing options, although I haven't tried them out (except for CPU voltage, which I took down from 1.4 to 1.1 with no problems). It also came with component outputs on a separate PCI bracket. It's a well-laid-out board, and has been rock solid over the past week while folding 100% 24/7 in a slim case.

I imagine the S939 board is very similar.

I like the Foxconn 6150K8MD for a SFF 'puter. It may not be fantastic for overclocking (so far I'm getting 242 x 9.0 with an Opteron 165), but it has a LOT crammed into a std mATX formfactor. Onboard GeForce6 (DX9.0C) with a DVI-D port, 8.1 channel high def audio, four SATA II headers, Two PATA headers, PCI-E x16, PCI-E x1, two PCI, two Firewire headers, eight USB 2.0, etc. It can be found for as low as $70 (Froogle search). It does have Vcore and Vdimm voltage adjustment and the BIOS will let you set the CPU clock as high as 450 (falling down laughing over that!) :p

And the integrated GF6-series video makes it Vista-ready, with no need to spend big $$$$$ for a PCI-E videocard until you NEED (want) it.

Back