Is the Coolermaster SUPPOED to be dented???!!

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
Please note the attached pics. Sorry for not resizing. I am extremely pissed right now. My girlfriend got this for me for my birthday. Not only did Newegg not include an invoice (box came as you see it), but please note both the condition of the box, and the DENTS on top of the case, AND the scratches on the MB area. This is either a USED case, or Coolermaster has some SERIOUS fabrication issues.......

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Beach%20008.jpg

Beach%20013.jpg

Beach%20004.jpg

So who's to blame here?? Newegg or COOLERMASTER???? I thought I remembered someone posting a while back about similar bumps...

This is freaking ridiculous

i have a feeling that someone has bought that case before from new egg and then rmaed it back after they dented it and scrathed it and you got that one.

Had the same thing happen to me, only much worse. I ordered a Aspire Turbo "black" case from NewEgg. When it arrived, it was the wrong case (silver) and had a unrepairable dent.

I just kept it and lived with it.

Well....

Shame on Newegg for re-selling it like this. This is COMPLETELY unsat. This is the first time I've EVER seen something come from Newegg without an invoice as well.

Sure I could hide the case under a desk somewhere.... but that's not what my girlfriend paid her hard earned money for............ I've spent THOUSANDS with Newegg, and never seen anything like this before. I'll tell ya... after seeing this, and the price-gouging they've been doing with the X800's and 6800's.... I wonder how long before Newegg falls...

Anyway, here's a closeup of the mobo. You can see the scratches really well. Keep in mind as you look at the image...this is supposed to be a BRAND NEW case. :mad: :mad:

Beach%20012.jpg

Man you had ME worried! I ordered 2 stackers from newegg which I got in just the other day. I just wen't and opened both just to make sure nothing was wrong! LOL. Thankfully both are in perfect condition (pewh).

EDIT:
I took a closer look at 1 of them and I did notice that there was a slight bump in the same places you have a dent in yours... as if the top drive cage rails caused it to bend out alittle. They are hardly noticable on mine and im not worried about it, but they are there. I just thought it was wierd that they were in the exact same place on top.

I would definately RMA them. I was worried about 1 of mine, because there was a puncture hole in the side of the box.

Anyway sorry you got a damaged case. However, we are also overlooking the posability that it was damaged in shipping. It wouldn't be the first time. I really doubt newegg goes and resells damaged equipment, ya know?

SelRahc said:
Man you had ME worried! I ordered 2 stackers from newegg which I got in just the other day. I just wen't and opened both just to make sure nothing was wrong! LOL. Thankfully both are in perfect condition (pewh).

I would definately RMA them. I was worried about 1 of mine, because there was a puncture hole in the side of the box. Infact it was the same size and shape as yours... I wonder if they use something in shipping that does that.

Anyway sorry you got a damaged case. However, we are also overlooking the posability that it was damaged in shipping. It wouldn't be the first time. I really doubt newegg goes and resells damaged equipment, ya know?

Doubt it..... Those bumps are OUTWARD, like they came from inside the case. I thinl it's a fabrication problem or something.... But still.. the box was in horrific condition, and it's not like Newegg to ship stuff with out boxing it up in it's own stuff first... AND INCLUDING AN INVOICE!!!!

I am so disappoited... :

Also,

My bumps are nowhere near the PSU cage. Also notice the smudged/shoddy workmanship near the bolts around the 80mm exhaust fan. My Coolermaster ATC-201 (pre-Praetorian model) has the same 80mm blowhole and grill, and NO visible screws, bolts, or anomalies as this expensive monster does. Plus, my ATC-201 has a mirror finish on the top and sides.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should have asked for a video card instead of a new case for my birthday.....

Pictures speak for themselves... Disappointing.

After seeing pics like this as well as others from reviewers none the less, I plan on spending the extra $15 to get a case from Fry's locally, so I can inspect it before even leaving the store.

sorry for the situation, just RMA it and tell them its totally unacceptable.

Ya i edited my post. I ment to say drive bay. And yes, mine are raised areas, not dents like yours.

Oh, as for the invoice, they do not include them with cases most of the time. They do not want to open the box. I didn't get one either. However, on the Fex-ex lable it does say to obtain the printable invoice for this item visit newegg.com/invoice

Unless there is signes of the box being opened and re-taped, I realy think newegg probably did not know the case was like it is.

SelRahc said:
Ya i edited my post. I ment to say drive bay. And yes, mine are raised areas, not dents like yours.

Mine ARE raised areas like yours, NOT bumps. And I'm not using caps to be a d*ckhead. I'm just using them for emphasis, so take no offense. It looks almost as though it is a fabrication error, because the raised bumps in the picture are right underneath where the drive bay meets the top of the case. Also, if you see the blemishes next to every hex screw surrounding the 80mm blowhole fan..... very nasty looking. My older Coolermaster case has the same blowhole mesh and fan, and you can't see any screws....hex or otherwise.... and it's a mirror finish.

The only POSITIVE thing I can say about this, is that it absolutley dwarfs my Coolermaster ATC-201 case. But then again, the fit and finish on that is much better.

But then again, my girlfriend paid for this case....
I think I'm more upset that I got a lemon from Newegg. Once in three years isn't a bad track record for them, I guess...

gimp0 said:
After seeing pics like this as well as others from reviewers none the less, I plan on spending the extra $15 to get a case from Fry's locally, so I can inspect it before even leaving the store.

sorry for the situation, just RMA it and tell them its totally unacceptable.

Yeah. I've checked the local Fry's in my area (San Diego & San Marcos) for a while now, and they have yet to have a Stacker in stock. Kind of a bummer. I would have liked to have seen the case in person first.

Oh well........ What a letdown.

It is a MAMMOUTH of a case, though.....

Scroatdog said:
Mine ARE raised areas like yours, NOT bumps. And I'm not using caps to be a d*ckhead. I'm just using them for emphasis, so take no offense.

Hey no offense taken. ;) My minunderstanding. It is hard to tell from the pics which way it is going. Personally I would be pissed off too. And what makes it worse is yours was a gift :(

I decided to try to take a pic or 2 of mine. You can barely see them in 1 pic, but you can really make one of them out at another angle. And you are right. Its like the drive support pressed up into the top.

You can kinda see them in this pic:
dent2.jpg

You can see one of them real good if looking form the back though.
That line is caused by the "bump":
dent1.jpg

This is on the spare case, and honestly you can't see these unless you are looking, so I'm not going to reship this one. The flash in that 2nd pic draws the dent out, but its really not that visible. My other case is flawless. There was a small scratch on 1 mb tray, also in the bottom right corner. Didnt they have a problem with 1 of the mount points? Perhaps this is where they replaced it on the ones in stock? They are very tiny and will be covered by the mb so not a big deal to me. Not as bad as yours either though... for either flaws.

And boy are you right. This case is humongo! Im guessing its 6" + in length compared to my Antec! Plenty of room for WC goodness.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply. Yes. Those are the same exact areas I've got the bumps in. I'll take some more pics tomorrow during the day to highlight them. Definitely a design flaw, I think. But it still doesn't explain the scratches on the mobo tray..... I don't know. Maybe I didn't expect this because my Coolermaster ATC-201 was flawless.

I thought I read on the Coolermaster official forums (which I'm still waiting for my forum account to be activated on) that all Stackers were now to be shipping with 3 1/2 bay brackets so you could mount a floppy and not need the 4/3 device.

Of course I haven't opened the white box of parts stuffed into teh PSU bay yet.

Tomorrow when I post pics of the raised bumps during the day, please do look at them and tell me if they are alot like yours, or worse. :D

Tomorrow when I post pics of the raised bumps during the day, please do look at them and tell me if they are alot like yours, or worse. :D

Man I can tell just from the first pic they are worse :( Those are some major flaws to stick out that bad in your pic. Without the flash I really can't see them on mine unless I stand in the light just right (like in the top pic). I didn't even see them until I read your post. The other one is flawless thankfully.

I'll take a look again for sure tomorrow though. Ill dig around for that thread as well about the MB standoff mount.

SelRahc,

I also notice that there are no blemishes between the 4 hex screws on top and your blowhole grill. Take a look at my original pics...... NASTY. :rolleyes:

Ouch you are right. That is nasty looking. Man now im ganna pull both cases out and look over them 100% lol >.< EDIT: No other flaws detected on either case.

I'm sure newegg or casemaster will take care of you directly. Just a bummer :(

Hey Scroatdog,

Did you ever contact NewEgg or CoolerMaster about that case? Im curious to hear what they had to say about it.

SelRahc said:
Hey Scroatdog,

Did you ever contact NewEgg or CoolerMaster about that case? Im curious to hear what they had to say about it.

Hey....

Filled out an electronic RMA with Newegg. Since the holiday and the weekend, there isn't anyone there. The case cost 13 bucks to ship via UPS, should be there Wednesday.

I'll keep you posted on what happens.... but I saw a couple other forums where people said they got the blemished case from Newegg.... but Newegg ended up making it right.

In NewEgg's defence and from my own experiance, cases are one of the worst things to sell PC Wise. The store I USED to work for (please note the bold, bitter, wish they would go out of buisness for becomming so damned money grubbing and not caring about employees or their customers) had case shipments all the time. It was not unusual to have upwards of 20+ dented cases out of a pallet of 60 or so.

A lot of the damage you see is from shipping or occured at the plant between manufacturing and packaging. Companies often don't open cases to inspect them mainly to avoid customer complaints and suspicions like "Why is the box taped up again? Well sir we opened the box to make sure the case was not damaged during shipment. Well I don't want that one, I want one that's not opened." Admit it, all of us have at one point or seen someone open a product, look at it, set that box down and pick up one that's still sealed.

The only time a company might open the case box to investigate it is if they're signifficant damage to the box. I.E. holes or large gashes. A slightly dented corner is ignored, that happens when the box is stacked on the pallet, then unloaded to be restacked in the warehouse, showroom, distrobution center, etc. Relatively little damage occures to the case inside if any happens at all. You'd be suprised just how much abuse that packing styrofoam can really take and still keep the case from being dented.

I wouldn't place the blame on NewEgg, it's more on the shipper and Coolermaster than anything. As long as New Egg takes it back and sends you a new one without any hastle, it's pretty much buisness as usual.

my case came with 2 tiny dents... when i shipped it to my apt, the dents got even bigger.

so, it's a tight tolerance on coolermasters part, with the shipping companies to blame for beating the shit out of them.

Just RMA it for a new one, or for your money back. Newegg.com has a great RMA setup. I had a case that arrived damaged and had to send it back to them a year ago. Although they didn't have any in stock, they promptly refunded me the same day I shipped out the case back to them (only b/c I sent them the shipping number from UPS by Email).

Alot of the times, stuff like that is inevitable no matter WHO you are getting stuff from on the 'net. Most cases that online shops ship don't add any more styrophome than the manufacturer already has in the box for the case.

plz to god learn to resize your pics and put a 56k warning on the title... and no its not supposed to be dented.. contact newegg and get them to fix this up.. they have good customer support.. at least they have for me for the past years... lol. gl

its a CM Stacker case and im also curious as to what newegg does to handle this . It honestly seems like the top of the drive bays are so close to the top panel that if anything heavy is stacked on top with any kind of force the ensuing dents(outward ) will appear if you notice the front of the box is crushed downward which makes me believe that something fell onto the box with decent force, surpassing the internal packing material and resulting in the raised bumps , this however does not explaine the scrathced MB tray or the blemishes located at the top grill screw area...me thinks used case + some kind of impact dmg = case you recieved :/

GL man and keep us up to date (and props to you for not blowing up at your GF cause when were mad we do stuipd things and im glad you didn't)

RMA is in the works. Surprisingly, it only cost 13 bucks to ship it back them 2-day from the UPS kiosk at Staples.... Anyhow, hopefully by tomorrow a new one will be on the way. I don't know that for sure yet, because my gf hasn't called Newegg to ask about the RMA and if they received the case yet, and she has the tracking number with her.

Yeah, I've dealt with Newegg for a couple years and only had to RMA a power supply, and it went real smooth. I think I was mostly pissed because I was drunk when I opened the box :p

But at least I got the pics out there to show everyone, in case it's a common occurance. And sorry about the 56k thing. I take my cable internet for granted sometimes I guess, and I don't know how to resize pics before uploading them.

That's funny, huh???? I can build a watercooled computer but don't know how to resize!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats the problem with thin anodized aluminum. Its literally a crystaline coating over the metal, so when it flexes just a bit, you get that light-refracting finish. I think the problems with the stacker are not enough foam inside the box for such a huge case, the fact the the internals are steel, and that the skin is too thin. If nothing else, you'd think they could include some type of paper-based reinforcement brace for the inside while its inthe box. I will tell you that there'd be much less of this crap if the people who deal with the shipping/receiving/warehousing of these items had to pay a percentage for all the stuff they damaged. Anyways, that really sucks that it was a gift that was banged up. I bet your g/f must feel terrible...

The_Mage18 said:
mainly to avoid customer complaints and suspicions like "Why is the box taped up again? Well sir we opened the box to make sure the case was not damaged during shipment. Well I don't want that one, I want one that's not opened." Admit it, all of us have at one point or seen someone open a product, look at it, set that box down and pick up one that's still sealed.

I work at the Home Depot, and people do that ALL the time w/faucets & etc. I show them one out of the box, close it, then they reach for a sealed box. Seriously, it only matters with milk, yeast, and meat if the packaging was opened and not used... Another thing that people don't think about are liberal return policies. At HD all damaged returns are sent back to mfg's, but the rest (as in returned due to 'changed my mind') just get taped up. Yet people still always ask if the taped box was returned due to a defect...most people just seem to let their animals open their purchases :p At most places its hard find an item that makes it though the cracks, but w/high-volume companies its bound to happen a little. We're too picky here in the USA. :rolleyes:

look around on the box for a giant stamping of REFURBISHED

im guessing you got a refurb, i suggest you get on that fone with newegg and demand a new case... you paid for what you want, not some mixup... im pretty sure this was a mistake, not neweggs fault... but it wouldnt hurt to call them up

HiProfile said:
...most people just seem to let their animals open their purchases :p

Wal-Mart for two years, Electronics manager for 1. I share your pain man.

wayne said:
look around on the box for a giant stamping of REFURBISHED

im guessing you got a refurb, i suggest you get on that fone with newegg and demand a new case... you paid for what you want, not some mixup... im pretty sure this was a mistake, not neweggs fault... but it wouldnt hurt to call them up

I was waiting for someone to post this. I know it's a gift from your GF, but are you sure your GF didn't find it in the refurb section? Maybe you said " I want a Coolermaster case" and she went to Newegg and searched for Coolermaster. That would hotlink the refurb cases as well.

Just saying...

typhoon43 said:
I was waiting for someone to post this. I know it's a gift from your GF, but are you sure your GF didn't find it in the refurb section? Maybe you said " I want a Coolermaster case" and she went to Newegg and searched for Coolermaster. That would hotlink the refurb cases as well.

Just saying...

Nah. She knows better than to do something like that!!

Scroatdog said:
Nah. She knows better than to do something like that!!
wouldnt hurt to make sure right?.... im not trying to be offensive or anything that your gf made a mistake (assuming she did) but i think you still should call up newegg and check up with them

just my two cents

wayne said:
wouldnt hurt to make sure right?.... im not trying to be offensive or anything that your gf made a mistake (assuming she did) but i think you still should call up newegg and check up with them

just my two cents

Nope. She didn't order a refurb. Confirmed.

RMA is processed, case should ship out in 1-2 days via FEDEX Express Saver.

On a lighter note, I receiver the Stacker side window panel from Xoxide today. Well-packaged. The inner box was lined with styrofoam, and the panel itself was bubble-wrapped. I suspect if Coolermaster came up with some better packaging for the Stacker itself, things like this could be avoided. The Stacker had a protective piece of plastic over it, and two styrofoam molds, one on each end protecting it.

Anyhow, I'll have the replacement case next weekend... just in time for my birthday. :p

I'm still waiting for my side pannels :(
And even if she DID order a refurb... it wouldn't have been in that kinda shape. Most refurbs I have purchased look like brand new. If their refurbs were like that, I woulda been pissed off even still.

Back