Is the CM Hyper 212+ works good with i7-2600K?

Gonna change out the stock HS+Fan on the i7-2600K, and looking at the CM Hyper 212+ as the replacement. What are your opinions on it? Worth it? It's on sale for around $24+tax.

it's a capable cooler, if you are not gonna go all out and try something like 5GHz then it's more than enough for 4.5GHz ish overclock.

I would like to know if its an improvement over the freezer 64 pro i have now, my 955 at 4.7ghz with 1.4v core is running 45-50 loaded....but thats really quad loaded, 45c is normal use loaded

I have this same cooler on my 2600k. I'm oc'd to 4.5 24/7 and at 100% load it's about 57*C.

Hyper 212+ has been $25 on directron since forever. Even with shipping its still cheaper than newegg by a pretty large margin.

they were $20 each at microcenter shipped. picked up 3 and sold one. wish i hadn't now :p

I would like to know if its an improvement over the freezer 64 pro i have now, my 955 at 4.7ghz with 1.4v core is running 45-50 loaded....but thats really quad loaded, 45c is normal use loaded

Uhm. No offense, but I hope that's a typo. Phenom II processors aren't capable of going more than 4.4-4.5Ghz on air (and that's if you got a golden cpu). 4.7 is right in the chilled water/single stage territory... and 1.4 vcore? :confused:

Plus you mention using a AC 64 pro... a fossilized cooler that can barely handle dual cores, nevermind quads. So I'm hoping it's a typo.

Gonna change out the stock HS+Fan on the i7-2600K, and looking at the CM Hyper 212+ as the replacement. What are your opinions on it? Worth it? It's on sale for around $24+tax.
It's a great cooler, and pretty much impossible to beat for that price. There are better heatsinks out there, but Sandy Bridge CPUs don't put out that much heat to begin with, so it should be perfectly suitable for a nice ~4.8GHz overclock.
It would almost definitely be an improvement.

I have one running 4.6 @ 1.33 vcore and doesn't break 60c while gaming. Prime95 pushes it to 68 on a single core and low 60s on the others.

Uhm. No offense, but I hope that's a typo. Phenom II processors aren't capable of going more than 4.4-4.5Ghz on air (and that's if you got a golden cpu). 4.7 is right in the chilled water/single stage territory... and 1.4 vcore? :confused:

Plus you mention using a AC 64 pro... a fossilized cooler that can barely handle dual cores, nevermind quads. So I'm hoping it's a typo.

3.7 yes :)

Back