is the BS from microsoft???

calvieee

Limp Gawd
I returned my xbox360 this past weekend ( after about 6months of ownership). I just called to cancel my live and get back credit for my ms points. I was told there will be no refunds. What the fuck?? I ask what's the point of cancelling if there is no credits back for me? I was told its to 'prevent live from charging you again when 12 months is up. It turned out that live will 'auto renew'. I pay $50 for LIVE and $25 points of which i only used $10. They owe me $25 back for LIVE and $15 for the unused ms points. That's $40.

Microsoft is worst than AOL.. mother fuckers...they will NEVER EVER get a penny from me ever again.

What place gave you a 6 month return policy?

And I wouldn't of expected to get money back for something you bought and didn't use...You shouldn't of bought that much. (I just sold my xbox360 and I have almost 3000points on my account, but didn't expect anything back) I think Microsoft is crap too, but I think your logic here is broken.

They say right when you prepay and when you buy points that there are no refunds :rolleyes:

Live is a prepaid service, I have had it setup to auto-renew for years. Thus when you called to cancel you stopped it from renewing so you do not get charged again.

You agreed to the terms when you signed up, live with it. There are plenty of other services like this out there that when you prepay you cannot just cancel and get a refund.

In the future you might want to RTFP before you spend money if it is going to be such a big deal.

I returned my xbox360 this past weekend ( after about 6months of ownership). I just called to cancel my live and get back credit for my ms points. I was told there will be no refunds. What the fuck?? I ask what's the point of cancelling if there is no credits back for me? I was told its to 'prevent live from charging you again when 12 months is up. It turned out that live will 'auto renew'. I pay $50 for LIVE and $25 points of which i only used $10. They owe me $25 back for LIVE and $15 for the unused ms points. That's $40.

Microsoft is worst than AOL.. mother fuckers...they will NEVER EVER get a penny from me ever again.

Seriously?

You bought a 12 month discounted package of Xbox Live for $50. By committing to 1 year, you saved 8*12 - 50 = $46 over the monthly plan. You used 6 months of xbox live, which would have been 8*6 = $48 by the month.

1.) MS doesnt owe you anything for cancelling live. You should have understood the terms of the agreement
2.) Even if they did reimburse you, you shouldnt expect more than $50-$48 = $2 back

As for the MSPoints, you still own those. When you bought them, you should have understood that they were non-refundable and could only be used on certain purchases, much like a gift card.

IMO, returning a 6 month old console to the place you bought it is more crooked than MS not trading MSpoints for cash.

Seriously?

You bought a 12 month discounted package of Xbox Live for $50. By committing to 1 year, you saved 8*12 - 50 = $46 over the monthly plan. You used 6 months of xbox live, which would have been 8*6 = $48 by the month.

1.) MS doesnt owe you anything for cancelling live. You should have understood the terms of the agreement
2.) Even if they did reimburse you, you shouldnt expect more than $50-$48 = $2 back

As for the MSPoints, you still own those. When you bought them, you should have understood that they were non-refundable and could only be used on certain purchases, much like a gift card.

IMO, returning a 6 month old console to the place you bought it is more crooked than MS not trading MSpoints for cash.

QFT.

I don't see how Microsoft is the bad one in this story.

Just read in the UT3 thread that he had a RROD and used Best Buy's product replacement plan, so I take that last statement back. Still, I didn't know that they actually give you your money back as opposed to a replacement.

when i cancelled my car insurance after 8months, i got back some $$. Maybe i didnt read the fine prints ( who does???). The way they set up the points system (400pts= $5), you will almost always have some $$ left in ur live account. and i am the shady one?

P.S. my xbox360 didnt have a RROD ( surprise..surprise ). I returned it for some other reason.

You may tell us to stop using your Payment Method by calling Xbox Customer Support. If you do so, however, we may cancel your Service and/or any Other Items to which you are subscribed. Your notice to us will not affect charges we submit to your Billing Account before we could reasonably act on your request. You must keep all information in your Billing Account accurate and current. You may change your Payment Method at any time. You can access and make changes to your Billing Account in the Account Management section of the Xbox Dashboard, or if you access your Service via an Xbox 360 console, at https://billing.microsoft.com.

Yes you have the option to do that. But here is where you get screwed...

6.6 Refund Policies. Except as stated otherwise, or as otherwise provided by applicable law, all charges are non-refundable. If you signed up for an annual Service and paid the annual fee with your Payment Method, we may provide you a full refund of the annual fee if you cancel within the first 60 days of your Service. Additional information about refunds is available at http://www.xbox.com/live/accounts/default.htm.

Yeah, you got screwed. BS? Nope, maybe you should read the terms of service before making a contract. Sorry man.

and i am the shady one?

yes (see below)

I have to agree on the MS is gay part 100%. I bought an xbox360 half a year ago at full $400 price. I just returned it today to bestbuy ( thank god for their product replacement plan ) for the following reason.

1. still no kb/mouse support (come on...the 360 is the ultimate FPS console)
2. no internet browser ( wtf is the reason for this???) even the wii has one.. would have been nice to surf hardforum.com at 1080p in between gaming breaks.
3. no logitech g25 wheel support (again...What the fuck?? forcing people to buy your shitty wheel...no thanks)
4. paying for online gaming- this i dont actually mind but NO DEDICATED servers. paying to use my own connection to host game is lame.

I wished for half a year for 1,2,3,4... Microsoft will not listen to the user...so fuck them. my xbox360 actually worked for 6months without the RROD.

P.S. my xbox360 didnt have a RROD ( surprise..surprise ). I returned it for some other reason.

'Renting' a quickly depreciating item for 6 months is shady in my book. Fucks over the rest of us

Do you even know the reason why i returned it before you open your fanboy mouth??? I dont have the 3 RROD, but i get the 2 RROD while playing forza2 or pgr4 for a while. Turn off then on will usually let me play again. The 3RROD is just around the corner i think. I dont want to deal with this and the reason 1,2,3,4 listed above.

Do you even know the reason why i returned it before you open your fanboy mouth??? I dont have the 3 RROD, but i get the 2 RROD while playing forza2 or pgr4 for a while. Turn off then on will usually let me play again. The 3RROD is just around the corner i think. I dont want to deal with this and the reason 1,2,3,4 listed above.

sorry, I think i interpreted
I just returned it today to bestbuy ( thank god for their product replacement plan ) for the following reason.:
1. still no kb/mouse support (come on...the 360 is the ultimate FPS console)
2. no internet browser ( wtf is the reason for this???) even the wii has one.. would have been nice to surf hardforum.com at 1080p in between gaming breaks.
3. no logitech g25 wheel support (again...What the fuck?? forcing people to buy your shitty wheel...no thanks)
4. paying for online gaming- this i dont actually mind but NO DEDICATED servers. paying to use my own connection to host game is lame."
and
my xbox360 actually worked for 6months without the RROD.
too literally

and logic != fanboy

Dude, quit digging. Just stop.

Oh, and read the terms of service next time. The print's not really that fine, either. I think it's right next to or just underneath the confirmation of order. Don't just close your eyes and press "A".

I think the point system is BS, I like how PSN just charges me w/e it costs for what I buy. There's nothing left over. If it costs 12.37, that's how much they charge me, if it costs 2.98... that's how much gets charged. PSN started off by adding just blocks of $5/10, but the new system is way better.

Thread starter bought a 360 without doing a bit more research. Returned it for reasons that some little research would've averted the whole scenario. Pissed he lost some money. Life goes on. Bottomline, you had no idea what you were getting into and didn't even bother to check. And I don't own a 360 and ever plan to.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I spent my allowance on something that I didn't properly research, signed up for an agreement that I didn't read, and now I want all my money back in whatever way I deem fair!

This, I agree with. The points system is stupid. I think it only exists to make things appear cheaper than they really are.

I think the point system is BS, I like how PSN just charges me w/e it costs for what I buy. There's nothing left over. If it costs 12.37, that's how much they charge me, if it costs 2.98... that's how much gets charged. PSN started off by adding just blocks of $5/10, but the new system is way better.

This, I agree with. The points system is stupid. I think it only exists to make things appear cheaper than they really are.
It's actually to make them more money... less credit card charges they need to pay that way.

I'll say that I don't like the points. Right now I have about 100 points left after some purchases. Now, there isn't really anything you can buy with those so Microsoft ends up with your extra change. I'd rather just pay the actual cost of the item direct to my card. That's just my opinion though, I still don't expect Microsoft to give me a refund. I knew the deal when I bought em.

As for asking money back for Live, that is just stupid. If you aren't sure you are going to like something, then don't commit to 1 year of the service. Pay monthly. You don't get the discount, but you get the freedom.

The bottom line is, don't blame Microsoft because you don't read before you break out your credit card. It isn't like Microsoft only offered you the 1 year option.

All the complaints you had about the 360 were common knowledge. The system was out for about a year and a half before you bought it. You dropped $400 without bothering to do the slightest research.

It sucks that your system had problems but the Product Replacement Plan would also allowed you to get a new one the second it got its first error. I don't know why you didn't just take it back then. If you had one with HDMI, you probably were never going to get the RRoD. Btw, 2 red lights means the temp is too high in the console (the MS support page is the first link when you type "Xbox 360 2 red lights" into Google). Where did you store your console? Considering your lack of research so far, I'm picturing your console being stored in a cubby hole in your TV stand with no way for the air to circulate.

I can't muster up the slightest bit of sympathy for you. Be angry at Microsoft if you want, but the real fault lies with you. I'm sure you'll have fun blasting the 360 on every forum you can find though and calling everyone a 360 fanboy for calling you on your BS.

Its also a good system for rewards, instead of doing cash, or bulk cash they just give you enough points to make up for it.

Wow your a fool.

I could understand that. But if that was the only reason, then 1 point should equal 1 dollar.

It's like the old .99 thing. $4.99 is not four bucks and change. It's five bucks :)

It's actually to make them more money... less credit card charges they need to pay that way.

This thread delivers fail.

This thread is amusing. I never really had a problem with Microsoft or their products. And in this case, Microsoft is clearly not to be blamed for what happened.

Wait wait, Live auto renews? I got a 12 month gold card to pay for it when my subscription ends in january, will it just auto renew and take 50 from my credit card, or will I just use my card?

Wait wait, Live auto renews? I got a 12 month gold card to pay for it when my subscription ends in january, will it just auto renew and take 50 from my credit card, or will I just use my card?
You'll need to call them to tell them not to renew so you can use your card instead.

Wait wait, Live auto renews? I got a 12 month gold card to pay for it when my subscription ends in January, will it just auto renew and take 50 from my credit card, or will I just use my card?

You can plug a card in any time, and it will just tack months onto your service, but if you let it expire before you do that and you've used a credit card previously, you will need to call and have them turn off the auto-renew if you don't want to be auto-billed.

I use the cards now, but way back when I used my debit card, and I just called and told them not to auto-bill me.

I can't believe you were able to get a full refund on a console you've owned for 6 months. That's ridiculous.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1031820917 said:
I can't believe you were able to get a full refund on a console you've owned for 6 months. That's ridiculous.

QFT. Take your money and run. Sucks that you paid for something you won't use, but that's the risk you take when you pre-pay for a service for an extended period of time. Imagine buying a $50 best buy gift card, using half of it, and then trying to get a refund for the other half.:rolleyes:

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1031820917 said:

well if he had the replacement plan I understand. I just took my xbox back after nearly 2 years (3 days before the 2 year plan was up) and I got 400 bucks of in store credit.

Back