Is the ASUS RMA Process Legit?

I miss BFG. They use to always upgrade you when you RMA'd a card. They were local in the Chicagoland area so they even allowed walk-ins for support.

Jesus...I hope they aren't as bad in Europe
No issues with my 1070 from them though and my last built also had an Asus Mainboard
This thread does make me think that when I am doing a new build (maybe sometime this year) I might steer clear of all Asus stuff

I really like dealing with ASRock and Zotac, to be honest.

ASRock I've only done a few RMA's with but they were super nice, I got emails from an actual person and one of them I even got a little bag of Swedish Fish in when their board burned up and killed y Xeon CPU.

I try to buy Zotac cards when I can now because they RMA'd a card for me out of warranty and they didn't have to, even got an upgrade on it. All I did was explain what happened and they said sure send it in, and I got a GTX 660 instead of the 560 I sent to them.

This is a good post. I, too, have received an upgrade from Zotac (sent in a used 980Ti I paid $250 for that burned out and they sent back a GTX 1080 FE) and the RMA process was very simple and fast.

Asrock I've never dealt with but I've always loved their products. Good to see their customer service is as nice as the stuff they make!

Last 3 GPU and motherboards were all Gigabyte, no issues as to date thus no need to RMA and put up with any drama.
Latest build is with a Asus board, it was free and so far after two years it has been problem free, hope that continues,

I've owned several Gigabyte stuffs over the years and had to deal with RMA one time and it was just fine. Sent in a GTX 480 that I broke (cooler swap screwed something up) and got a GTX 580, sealed, in return like three weeks later. Even called to check status and it was some black lady so support is definitely US based. She was super nice and friendly.

Yeah, Zotac and Gigabyte get good grades from me so far. Asus still sucks in my eyes.

This thread does make me think that when I am doing a new build (maybe sometime this year) I might steer clear of all Asus stuff

With all the other tech companies out there that DO provide better support (Zotac, Gigabyte, Asrock) there's really no reason to go Asus anyways. Seeing as how most hardware functions and does the same shit these days (i.e. they all overclock the same, same I/O ports, etc) I don't see the point in Asus anymore.

Back