Is the 1801 better than the 1901?

-Ever-

Limp Gawd
A quick question really. Besides the obvious size difference, is the 1901 basically the same as the 1801 in terms of performance? I know the 1801 has a little slower response time, but I'm not worried about this, I'm using these monitors (2) for music production.
I'm basically looking to get two monitors that have great color and will strain my eyes the least as I work for a few hours at a time. I already ordered the 1901's but the month+ quote for delivery is killing me and I really am not worried about an inch unless the 1801 is actually worse than the 1901.
Thanks guys
-T

your pm box is full.

Give dell a call and pick the options for customer service, product info, or place an order. I don't remember the specific menus though.

If they have the 1901 in stock, you might as well wait for that if you don't game with it. otherwise cancel your order and get the 1801. you know i am happy with mine. It is great for gaming and general use.

Thanks. I cleared my box ;)
So I called and finally got through. He said they're simply not in stock and he can't do anything. Sigh

1801 is much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much better than the 1901 for gaming

I have had both for awhile now and the 1801FP is much better for gaming, while the 1901FP is easier on the eyes in the desktop environment. Depends where your priorities are.

I have a similar question.

I'm looking for best monitor for 2D work. Schpanky finds the 1901FP easier on the eyes. I was wondering how the larger pixel pitch on the 1901FP affects overall clarity, especially with text.

Originally posted by KnightPalatine
I have a similar question.

I'm looking for best monitor for 2D work. Schpanky finds the 1901FP easier on the eyes. I was wondering how the larger pixel pitch on the 1901FP affects overall clarity, especially with text.

The 1901 is beautiful to look at in 2D, after using the 1901FP it seems as if I can almost see the black space between every pixel on the screen on my 1801FP, the 1901 has no such problem... as stated before the 1901FP is an amazing display for 2d work, but it absolutely sucks for gaming.

Originally posted by brschmid
i would think it makes it a little less clear
Not really, the 1901FP is alot sharper than the 1801, IMHO.

1801fp is better for games while 1901 is good for general computer usage.

Back