Is that somehow possible to use Core i7 - 10700F CPU at 4.8 GHZ all core?

Today my new CPU arrived and thankfully it is working

It is working stable at 4.6 GHZ all core

But can I use it at higher clocks somehow?

I have MSI MAG B460M MORTAR motherboard

NOCTUA NH-D14 Cooler

CPU-z benchmark : https://valid.x86.fr/qcpqqr

kjhgzjizon261.png

rxvi8s20pn261.png

4lo3gdg0pn261.png

Today my new CPU arrived and thankfully it is working

It is working stable at 4.6 GHZ all core

But can I use it at higher clocks somehow?

I have MSI MAG B460M MORTAR motherboard

NOCTUA NH-D14 Cooler

CPU-z benchmark : https://valid.x86.fr/qcpqqr

View attachment 304773

View attachment 304774

View attachment 304775
sure. up the multiplier to 48 and bump your voltage a bit. BUT your temps will go up and your D15 might not cut it since youre already in the 80s. might need a big aio...
edit: nevermind, its an F chip. you can try bclk increases to OC but thats about it....

sure. up the multiplier to 48 and bump your voltage a bit. BUT your temps will go up and your D15 might not cut it since youre already in the 80s. might need a big aio...
edit: nevermind, its an F chip. you can try bclk increases to OC but thats about it....
thanks will try bclk

go into the oc settings, turn explore mode to expert, then go down to advanced cpu settings and see if its in there, look for "100".

reviews i was looking at topped it out at 113 but i didnt look hard enough for voltage, so add a bit.
You sure? I could swear I read something about non-k chips topping out at 103 bclk, so realistically more like 102.9-something. Also it's on an MSI MAG B460 Mortar, which limits things a bit compared to a Z490 board. I used the WiFi version of that board in a build for my dad with a 10700 (plain, not a K or F). I also messed with it a bit of course, though I didn't try changing the BCLK. I played around with the power limits, and it tops out at 4.6 on all cores with the power limit set to 170W in Prime95 with AVX disabled. You'll need more than the little 120mm Corsair H60 AIO I put in that box to hit 4.6 in an AVX stress test. I could do about 4.3GHz in an AVX stress test before stuff started melting. Getting to 4.6 in an AVX stress test is kind of pointless unless you're running something that actually uses a ton of AVX. Hardly anything uses that much AVX. I set it back to stock (65W long term power limit) before wrapping it up and shipping it. If you want to make it go as fast as possible I'd probably just set the power limit to 180-200W if your cooling can handle it and maybe bump BCLK up a bit. Also, that board turns off power limits by default. I'd turn them back on. Just figure out what your cooling can handle and leave it there.

You sure? I could swear I read something about non-k chips topping out at 103 bclk, so realistically more like 102.9-something. Also it's on an MSI MAG B460 Mortar, which limits things a bit compared to a Z490 board. I used the WiFi version of that board in a build for my dad with a 10700 (plain, not a K or F). I also messed with it a bit of course, though I didn't try changing the BCLK. I played around with the power limits, and it tops out at 4.6 on all cores with the power limit set to 170W in Prime95 with AVX disabled. You'll need more than the little 120mm Corsair H60 AIO I put in that box to hit 4.6 in an AVX stress test. I could do about 4.3GHz in an AVX stress test before stuff started melting. Getting to 4.6 in an AVX stress test is kind of pointless unless you're running something that actually uses a ton of AVX. Hardly anything uses that much AVX. I set it back to stock (65W long term power limit) before wrapping it up and shipping it. If you want to make it go as fast as possible I'd probably just set the power limit to 180-200W if your cooling can handle it and maybe bump BCLK up a bit. Also, that board turns off power limits by default. I'd turn them back on. Just figure out what your cooling can handle and leave it there.

when power is auto, it is able to keep up with 155 watt on cine bench r23

but I have failed to find blck change it is not there

well all there are is auto
and I checked all values

can be f cpu non blck changeable?
if you can find bclk in the menu, click on it and then type in 103 and hit enter, see if it changes. in a lot of places in msi bios, you just click on it and type the value you want and hit enter.

if you can find bclk in the menu, click on it and then type in 103 and hit enter, see if it changes. in a lot of places in msi bios, you just click on it and type the value you want and hit enter.

Seems like there is no such menu for 10700f :(

well, it is a locked chip....
you did change oc explore mode, right?
I guess the reviews that i saw were using different boards that have bclk control. was worth looking.

Ye i changed but no luck

I asked official tech support via form lets see if they will answer

Back