Is Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 750 SSR-750TD enough for...

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Kaby Lake 7700
Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming K7 (non Thunderbolt version)
16GB Corsiar DDR4
GTX 1080 Founders Edition
6X Corsiar RGB SP120 Fans
2X SATA HDD
3X SSD
1X M.2 (Intel)
3X ASUS MG248Q TN Displays (in Surround mode)
Creative Sound Blaster Zx

I have an option to use my existing (2014-15 model?), Corsair HX850 (GOLD rated), as I am essentially *loosing* 100W by using the Seasonic 750 (TITANIUM rated), but I read/heard so much great reviews on Seasonic 750W that I wanted to know your opinions please.

Thanks in advance!
p.s. this new system will replace my current Z170 build, specified in the signature.

I believe he's questioning why you think you need a new PSU for the new build if your current PSU is working without issues on the old set up.

I believe he's questioning why you think you need a new PSU for the new build if your current PSU is working without issues on the old set up.

No I need that existing PSU for the current system, this new build is going to have the Seasonic.

No I need that existing PSU for the current system, this new build is going to have the Seasonic.

You should have said so from the start, your OP is misleading.

550 watts is more than sufficient. Unless you want the latest and greatest, the Corsair RMx, EVGA G2 and GS, and Seasonic G series offer far better values with no noticeable difference.

I just moved from an og HX850 (no rating), power and 2 x PCI-e hardwired to the PRIME TITANIUM 850 mostly for full modularity and also because I had a vm box to put the HX850 in.

The 750 is more than enough for your build. Unless you plan on SLI for the future you could go down to the 650 or even 550.

I just moved from an og HX850 (no rating), power and 2 x PCI-e hardwired to the PRIME TITANIUM 850 mostly for full modularity and also because I had a vm box to put the HX850 in.

The 750 is more than enough for your build. Unless you plan on SLI for the future you could go down to the 650 or even 550.
Great, thanks, so even if I do SLI (which I am sure I won't) this Seasonic 750W is enough?

Yep. Kaby Lake overclocked is something like 150 watts, 1080 is maybe 220 overclocked, and everything else is 50.

Absolutely, I used a eVGA GQ 750 watt on a recent build I did for my father. It easily powers a watercooled GTX 1070 and i7 5820k/X99 based system.

650W if you won't sli
750W if you want to sli
850W if you want to sli, overclock both cards and the cpu heavily.

Corsair HX series are reallt good.

Back