Is Samsung UD970 good for games??

Samsung UD970 color support is 10bit. Response time 8 (GTG)ms, Do not know the input lag.
Samsung has a other 32 inch game monitor is U32E850R, 4ms G2G response time. Just support 8 bit color.

The UD970 suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting regardless of which overdrive settings are used, has high input lag and uses a grainy matte coating which prevents it from looking as sharp and clear as most of the other 32" 4k monitors. Only work related programs support 10 bit workflows, so forget about the bit depth since it is irrelevant to 99% of users. The UE32E850R is vastly superior for gaming since it has low input lag, no overshoot ghosting (Standard Overdrive) and supports Free-Sync (40-60hz range) when connected to certain AMD graphics cards.

The UD970 suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting regardless of which overdrive settings are used, has high input lag and uses a grainy matte coating which prevents it from looking as sharp and clear as most of the other 32" 4k monitors. Only work related programs support 10 bit workflows, so forget about the bit depth since it is irrelevant to 99% of users. The UE32E850R is vastly superior for gaming since it has low input lag, no overshoot ghosting (Standard Overdrive) and supports Free-Sync (40-60hz range) when connected to certain AMD graphics cards.

Thank you for reply me. How about u32e850r compare to BL3201PH, Samsung is used pls, and Benq is used AHVA(8-bit + 2–bit FRC), They price are close. Other brand will release same panel of BL3201PH right? such as :philips BDM3275UP,AOC U3277Pqu, and ASUS PA328Q. PLS VS AHVA.

It should be mentioned that the U32E850R uses 240hz hybrid-PWM below 100 cd/m2, despite Samsung branding the display as flicker-free. Pretty unfortunate for people that play in dimly lit rooms or like low brightness in general, but I guess Samsung wants to maintain their status as the heel of the display industry.

Thank you for reply me. How about u32e850r compare to BL3201PH, Samsung is used pls, and Benq is used AHVA(8-bit + 2–bit FRC), They price are close. Other brand will release same panel of BL3201PH right? such as :philips BDM3275UP,AOC U3277Pqu, and ASUS PA328Q. PLS VS AHVA.

The BL3201PH has excellent color presets, low input-lag, decent pixel response with no overshoot when the overdrive is set to off, and is PWM-free from 0-100% brightness. Outside of lacking variable refresh-rate features (and a glossy coating, if that's your thing), it has the best all around performance of any 4k monitor out currently. The U32E850R would likely be a better choice for gaming, assuming you have an AMD card and are fine with being limited to brightness greater than 100 cd/m2. Otherwise, go with the BenQ.

There is only one PC game I am aware of that supports 10bit color - Alien Isolation with its Deep Color option. In this recent post, you can see pictures of the primary effect that 10bit color would have in gaming - removing banding from light halos. And that's all you'll get on the PC side, a minor improvement in one game. There may be more support on the console side.

It should be mentioned that the U32E850R uses 240hz hybrid-PWM below 100 cd/m2, despite Samsung branding the display as flicker-free. Pretty unfortunate for people that play in dimly lit rooms or like low brightness in general, but I guess Samsung wants to maintain their status as the heel of the display industry.

The BL3201PH has excellent color presets, low input-lag, decent pixel response with no overshoot when the overdrive is set to off, and is PWM-free from 0-100% brightness. Outside of lacking variable refresh-rate features (and a glossy coating, if that's your thing), it has the best all around performance of any 4k monitor out currently. The U32E850R would likely be a better choice for gaming, assuming you have an AMD card and are fine with being limited to brightness greater than 100 cd/m2. Otherwise, go with the BenQ.

I am fear the bl3201ph has banding same as the bl3200, I know the bl3200 is va panel different than ips.

I am fear the bl3201ph has banding same as the bl3200, I know the bl3200 is va panel different than ips.

The BL3200PT's banding was some form of manufacturing defect on the AMVA panel it utilized. The problem afflicted every monitor that used the panel.

The BL3201PT has no banding issues.

Back