Is reference/blower style GPU must for SFF cases like NCASE m1?

GODenergy

Weaksauce
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new card (Yeah i know prices are insane :( )

I can't even seem to find GPUs priced good , let alone finding reference style/blower GPU's.

Is OK to have a triple Fan non-reference GPU like those Gigabyte Windforces in SFF builds like the NCASE? Like this card:
e2z1IGN.png

I know when SFF was releasing everyone was adamant about proclaiming to GET reference style GPUs.

This was my setup before I sold my GTX1080 (oh by the way, big mistake selling that now that prices inflated)
5BGw6ZR.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Windforce 1080 in an M1, works fine.

The blower card recommendation, at least as far as the M1, is more to protect people from themselves. It's entirely possible to build it "wrong," by not using system fans to manage airflow properly, or by trying to stuff too much in.

Im running a ACX 970 with no issues. To be fair I also have two NF-F12's underneath it, and an AIO liquid cooler. All fans are controlled by the card, and it runs like a dream

I have a Windforce 1080 in an M1, works fine.

The blower card recommendation, at least as far as the M1, is more to protect people from themselves. It's entirely possible to build it "wrong," by not using system fans to manage airflow properly, or by trying to stuff too much in.

Necere Do you recommend an AIO cooler like H100 be mounted as INTAKE or EXHAUST on the side of the NCASE M1 with a gpu (non reference) like that?

Back