Is PNY a good brand for a 4090

magda

2[H]4U
I'm looking to buy a 4090 and around here, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte are out of stock temporarily.
But PNY cards are still in stock. Are these any good?

It's been reported that stock is sticking around longer with 4090's even for reference models, but especially if you are willing to pay an AiB markup in the $200+ range.

Also worth noting how that stock tracker shows Best Buy has not gotten any new Founder cards since 2022.

Nothing wrong with PNY. In fact, they make a large share of the workstation class cards (previously called Quadros). I'd expect them to be textbook reference boards, and perfectly fine for the purpose of playing games, doing desktop stuff and so forth, but maybe not the greatest for competitive overclocking.

If what you really want is Asus or Gigabyte or whatever, just be patient a little longer, and you'll probably find one from the brand you want.

I don't care about fancy heatsink fans, or RGB lighting. I will be removing the stock heatsink and slap a custom water cooling waterblock, so...

It's been reported that stock is sticking around longer with 4090's even for reference models, but especially if you are willing to pay an AiB markup in the $200+ range.

Also worth noting how that stock tracker shows Best Buy has not gotten any new Founder cards since 2022.
I gave up on Best Buy getting any meaningful supply of 4090 FEs after months of trying and went with an AIB

There are 4090s in stock in bestbuy now. Plenty of them. Also Microcenter in Cambridge has tons of 4090s. Just went to bestbuys website and bought a 4090 easy as pie.

They are without a doubt in stock. They have them from 1599 to 2000. I paid 1650 for mine 3 days ago and picked it up today. Just look at their website.

There are 4090s in stock in bestbuy now. Plenty of them. Also Microcenter in Cambridge has tons of 4090s. Just went to bestbuys website and bought a 4090 easy as pie.

They are without a doubt in stock. They have them from 1599 to 2000. I paid 1650 for mine 3 days ago and picked it up today. Just look at their website.
And how many of those are the NVIDIA Founder's Edition cards specifically?

If I had to guess: not a single damn one. You can get AIB cards all day, but if you want the FE for any reason, be it the smaller heatsink or greater waterblock availability, you're screwed, in part due to that Best Buy exclusivity and how they haven't restocked from the end of December to possibly mid-March, and not for long.

With that said, the 4090 shortage is more or less over when factoring in AIB cards. Micro Center has several, Best Buy has several, and surprisingly, they're not all the egregiously overpriced Asus ROG Strix or other such models that tack on a whopping $400 to the MSRP for no good reason. You can actually get $1,600 cards, maybe $1,650 ones if you're willing to accept a slight premium to broaden your availability a bit.

And how many of those are the NVIDIA Founder's Edition cards specifically?

If I had to guess: not a single damn one. You can get AIB cards all day, but if you want the FE for any reason, be it the smaller heatsink or greater waterblock availability, you're screwed, in part due to that Best Buy exclusivity and how they haven't restocked from the end of December to possibly mid-March, and not for long.

With that said, the 4090 shortage is more or less over when factoring in AIB cards. Micro Center has several, Best Buy has several, and surprisingly, they're not all the egregiously overpriced Asus ROG Strix or other such models that tack on a whopping $400 to the MSRP for no good reason. You can actually get $1,600 cards, maybe $1,650 ones if you're willing to accept a slight premium to broaden your availability a bit.

Don't want to hijack the thread. Plenty of 4090s around now. Okay that's about it.

Last edited:
Not sure. I had 0 interest in founders card. I just wanted a 4090 period. Got the msi gaming trio x. I paid 1650$ for mine on bestbuy.com. Came delivered in store within 2 days. Was nice to see the availability of 4090s. The thing is cool as hell. Idles in my system at 31c. Not arguing at all. I sold my 3090 and figured this card should last me for a very long time.
Nice hijack

I didn't mean to hijack the thread I was just saying there's plenty of 4090s around now. That's all take care.

I have never had any issues with PNY cards.. I have owned many... they have been around for a long while too.. my first was a Verto FX 5700 ultra!

Back