Is Playing Pokemon Go With A Drone Cheating?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I haven't played Pokemon Go, so I have no idea if this is considered cheating or not. What I do know is that, in an attempt to "catch em' all" people are being assaulted and robbed by crooks using an using in-game "lure" function.

The setup has allowed him to explore areas where Pokémon are located without have to make the trek by foot. Hyperion995 said in a comment that he doesn't actually recommend duplicating his system because of interference between the phone and drone. "If you do attempt this, make sure to be in an open area where a falling phone can't hurt or break anything as well as maintain line of sight with your drone because of the compass issues," he advised.

Why bother using a drone? Just fake your GPS input. That's actually easier.

Why bother using a drone? Just fake your GPS input. That's actually easier.

According to the makers of the game spoofing the GPS is against the rules (and they have safeguards in the game that detect it). They long ago declared using a drone in this manner "legal" though.

It's not cheating. It's not lazy, either. He's just going a little overboard to avoid actually walking around. Pretty cool idea, and fun to implement. Not very practical, though.

According to the makers of the game spoofing the GPS is against the rules (and they have safeguards in the game that detect it). They long ago declared using a drone in this manner "legal" though.
You mean in the 20+ page terms of service agreement (FOR A FUCKING GAME!!!) it actually says that?? :D

Ya the game can detect when your using mock locations but they also make other apps to block apps from seeing that your using mock locations. A lot of effort to avoid excersise lol

Just use mock mock locations which is an xposed module for rooted devices.

I don't really care for a game which they try and force you to use it in a certain way.

I just started playing today. I am level 4 and have like 10 pokemon while my mom drove me home from getting back injections. It was a 40 minute drive and most of that was on the freeway(which didn't have any pokemon unfortunately).

Considering people drive cars around to play this game, I don't see how a drone is against the rules.

I found a pokemon in the office today.
Don't think anyone else saw it :)

In the anime, Jesse and James said "all is fair in love and Pokemon warfare"

I started the game. Caught a pokemon in my room, have no proceeded to walk around or anything. If it's not in my apt, in my parking garage, or in the parking lot at work, then my ass isn't catching it.

Back