Is my XP2800+ multiplier locked?

AceTKK

Gawd
I have a Shuttle AN35NUltra which has full overclocking options. I can set the multiplier to anything (11 for example) within the BIOS, but when the machine boots CPU-Z and dxdiag report both report the multiplier as the default 12.5. Does this mean the multiplier is locked? I thought if this was the case the BIOS would not give me the option to change it at all.

thx,

-Ace-

Yeah, it's locked. Google for some guides on how to set it to a specific value, or simply turn it into a mobile with the L12 trick.

Originally posted by Little Grabbi
Yeah, it's locked. Google for some guides on how to set it to a specific value, or simply turn it into a mobile with the L12 trick.

won't that just unlock the lower multis?

that's exactly what I'm trying to do; unlock the lower multipliers. Am I correct to assume that my system will be faster at 11x200 than 12.5x175? Thanks for the tips, I'll do a little research.

-Ace-

Originally posted by AceTKK
that's exactly what I'm trying to do; unlock the lower multipliers. Am I correct to assume that my system will be faster at 11x200 than 12.5x175? Thanks for the tips, I'll do a little research.

-Ace-

well, ya, it would be faster at 11x200 - but not by much

but i think you should push it to max stable FSB before you hit the mulits

for instance, maybe you could hit 12.5x200? (thats 2.5 ghz, and IS possible with some chips, but hey, even 12.5x190 would be good)

Yeah, its locked. Search google for unlocking it or for $15 you can get a speed strip from plycon. Here. You simply slip that on the proc and its unlocked. You can do it yourself by linking two pins but im not sure which ones exactly.

Originally posted by dead2self03
Yeah, its locked. Search google for unlocking it or for $15 you can get a speed strip from plycon. Here. You simply slip that on the proc and its unlocked. You can do it yourself by linking two pins but im not sure which ones exactly.

that doens't work with the newer bartons, you gotta make em mobiles to unlock em now

Back