Is my video card completely smoked?

I'm hoping someone can help me out. Once upon a time, I had a 9700 Pro in my system and due to some very stupid mistakes by me (revolving around twist-ties touching the underside of my floppy drive) the video card went out. Now one of the gold leads on the part that slides into the AGP slot was cracked and has since come off.

I was wondering if I could solder something on, or perhaps use a silver pen or something to attempt to reconnect that lead. Not entirely sure it would work even after, but that APPEARS to be the only problem with the board (by visual inspection only). Anyone tried anything like this? I hate to have to buy a replacement...

thanks,
Ronnie

he has a 9700pro..i dont know of any company that has a warranty thats still open for it, unless he paid for an extended warranty. If your warranty has run out..you can MAYBE look up somehow to solder it..if not I'd just use it as a skeet for a shotgun and go buy a new card.

Ive actually heard of someone fixing this with a sealing pen that had some metal in it...think it was silver... something for cars.

Ok I'll try that. I saw the silver pen (and then there is a sealing pen you put over the silver pen) and just wondered about it. I hate to muck up the AGP slow on my mobo, but I guess it's worth a shot (the mobo is cheaper than the Card anyway).

Back