Is my Ultra 600watt enough?

AliceCooper

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok guys I'm selling off a lot of things that I don't use anymore and I'm looking at getting around $250 for it all. Since I am going off to college in the fall my fiance will be back in town (an hour away and I'm going to be living out there). Because we are going to be away I'm selling what I can so I can build her a decent gaming computer so we can game together while apart. The PSU is in the title and heres the specs that I wish to run.

C2D E4400 OCed @ 3.4ghz
4GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz ram (4 x 1GB sticks)
780i or x38/x48 motherboard
80GB sata Hard drives 7200rpm (2 of them)
EVGA GTX275 (not the physx one)
DVD/CD-ROM (only one)
and 4 120mm case fans (two of which are LED and one on a Hyper 212 Plus)

I know the processor isn't all that great, but since I already have it I'm going to use it and I hope my current PSU will be enough because I don't want to buy another one. I used the PSU calculator on newegg and its said 566watt recommended, but that doesn't count for any overclocking.

Which Ultra 600W PSU do you have? Ultra had multiple different 600W PSU models that varied a lot in quality. In fact some of them couldn't even provide 600W of power.

Which Ultra 600W PSU do you have? Ultra had multiple different 600W PSU models that varied a lot in quality. In fact some of them couldn't even provide 600W of power.

I'll look at it I'm not exactly sure which one. And to the guy above, I know I'll have a bottleneck, but it's all I got and I'm not buying a new processor when this one will do the job decently.

Update: Heres the model Ultra ULT-V600DR PSU

I'll look at it I'm not exactly sure which one. And to the guy above, I know I'll have a bottleneck, but it's all I got and I'm not buying a new processor when this one will do the job decently.

Update: Heres the model Ultra ULT-V600DR PSU
I can't find anything at all about that PSU. It's not even on the Ultra website.

What's the UL number for that PSU? It's that number underneath the U and reverse R logo. Should start with a "E"

I can't find anything at all about that PSU. It's not even on the Ultra website.

What's the UL number for that PSU? It's that number underneath the U and reverse R logo. Should start with a "E"

Hmm.. I'll have to take a look later, I just got that from a PM from the person I got it from. Its in the computer I'm using right now. I'll get back to you on that later tonight. Thanks for the help :)!

No prob.

But so far, doesn't look like you should be using that PSU judging from all of Ultra's 600W PSU out now.

No prob.

But so far, doesn't look like you should be using that PSU judging from all of Ultra's 600W PSU out now.

Do they all have really bad power output or something?

Update: Ok so I decided to go ahead to take it out real fast. Heres the number, E178768

Last edited:
Do they all have really bad power output or something?
Bad power output and inabiltity to actually be capable of providing their rated wattage.
Update: Ok so I decided to go ahead to take it out real fast. Heres the number, E178768
That number doesn't show up either in the UL database.

Yeah ditch that PSU. There's literally no information on that PSU to make it good choice to keep inside the PC. I recommend this PSU:
$64 - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU

Bad power output and inabiltity to actually be capable of providing their rated wattage.

Yeah ditch that PSU. There's literally no information on that PSU to make it good choice to keep inside the PC. I recommend this PSU:

From another source, E178768 on an Ultra PSU indicates that it was made by Wintech.

Last edited:

Damn, well I'll see if it works and if not maybe my dad will let me borrow one of his Antec True Power Trio's.

Back