Is my Ryzen running hot ?

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
Now I'm coming for a 6700k which seemed to run a lot cooler, but maybe my expectations are off or something else is going on. R5 3600 not overclocked, at idle 40c or so, bounces around quite a bit. Under load playing a game, I've hit 73c. This is all on custom loop. My radiator is smaller I went from a 420 x 45mm to a 360 x 30 mm so I guess that can contribute. What software is the most accurate, ? I'm using HW Monitor. I guess the there is the possibility I didn't get enough paste down, but I don't that. Is this normal or do I need to figure out what is going on. I've flashed the latest BIOS for a Gigabyte X570 Elite.

That ain't right at all.
I was in the 40s C with an H115i
2600 oc'd 4.2-4.3ghz 1.35v gaming for 8hr stretches.
Pump and fans 100%

Your GPU isn't near doubling heat.

Check your CPU contact.

I don't know what happened, but tonight it was idling around 32 and peaking at at mid 50's. Pretty strange, I'll be draining the loop this week and adding new distilled and biocide, will go ahead and pull off the cpu block and see what my spread looks like.

FYI, 1070 Strix is in the loops also, but it's temps are as expected.

Chalk it up to bad thermal paste application. While I had the loop drained, I popped the block off and had very little paste in the middle of the CPU, it was all at the edges. Idling around 30 to 31 and peaking at 51 according to Ryzen Master.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Back