is my pc133 sdram obsolete?!

blizzardo

n00b
kt7 mobo i think failed so i buy a new asrock and xp2400 combo. crucial says that only ddr will work. i try to find a cheap mobo for the duron, but all i find is the abit kr7, and crucial again says it's only ddr.

now what? i have a duron 750, duron 1g, and 704mb of sdram with nowhere to go. :(

check out pricewatch.com. there are some motherboards listed for under $30 that support PC133. of course there are also more expensive ones, I don't really see the point in spending more than $50 for a mobo for a Duron 750.

Dojo | Warlord said:
PC133 SDRAM has been obsolete for about 4 years. (Since around 2000)

i agree, 256mb of DDR is only like $25 in the fs/t section of these forums

You can look around the sales ads for value DDR. You can sometimes get PC2100 for $15-$20 per 256MB stick.

Or you can buy a ECS K7S5A and use your old pc133. It also has DDR slots if you later plan on upgrading.

Edit: oops, not sure if the xp2400+ will work with it. Better doublecheck it first but i think it does.

i put a 2400 in my moms k7s5a non-pro and it worked. the board was bought back in january or so of 02. i believe ive also seen pro's with 2400s. if it works on the oldest model, im sure it would work on the newer model. youll probably need a bios update.

Back