Is my motherboard dead?

Wiseguy2001

2[H]4U
My PC isn't booting, it just draws ~60watts from the wall with no beeps or display output. I've tried different GPUs in different slots. Different PSUs, Resetting CMOS, removing battery. Removed the DIMMs It's an X570 system.

Am I missing anything before buying a new mobo?

I don't believe it's common to have a 60w draw immediately, without turning anything on. Do fans spin? If not, something has got to be getting hot AF.

It will only draw 2watts when off, it's 60w when on but there's no screen output or beeps. I forgot to mention that the fans are spinning.

Ah ok. I might pull the mobo and set it up on some cardboard or books or something. Just the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, and power. At this point it could still be the RAM, CPU, or mobo. Or a combo.

New motherboard and the problem persists.🤬

The DRAM debug LED is lit and I've tried different DIMMs in different slots even some DRAM from another PC. So it looks like the CPU is toast. RIP 3950x (the most expensive CPU I've ever purchased).

I've sent an RMA since it is just in the 3-year warranty.🤞

Gonna pick up a 5700X to tie my over (it's only £10 more than the non-X). Six cores, talk about first-world problems...

try reseating the cpu and push harder int the middel of the chip as you lock it in place. clear the cmos and use 1 stick of ram and see if you can get a post out of it.

I had one that would not even show video, M2 had a virus, once I removed the M2 everything started working again, kids PC

Back